How waterproof is KS-18XL ?

plentora

• 4 months later...

https://eevees.com/collections/eucs-electric-unicycles-vancouver/products/king-song-18xl

According to the reviews on the eevees site riders have gone through torrential downpours with this wheel. I’m sure Vancouver riders would know a thing or two about wet riding……….

Edited by Hellkitten

Have been riding in the heaviest rain for years. As a commuter, I can't choose the weather. Never had any problems and I would not worrie about that. Water gets into the wheel, but not onto the electronics.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Mossi said:

Have been riding in the heaviest rain for years. As a commuter, I can't choose the weather. Never had any problems and I would not worrie about that. Water gets into the wheel, but not onto the electronics.

Same with me. Done few thousands of kilometers in rain, heavy rain and even thunderstorm (I know it's stupid, but when you're out for long-distance riding, sometimes there's no safe place to hide, so the safest choice is to keep going). Water only gets into lift sensors making them to stop working, but after few hours in a dry place, they return  to life. No other issues.

• Like 2

Same build as KS16S. My dad have been riding in rain almost every 4th day. Especially in fall it's raining everyday..

Same for me, i have been riding in rain sometimes. We need to be places, be snowing/raining - we ride.

We simply use "rain backpack cover" over our wheels when it's raining. It keeps the wheel dry, no water can get in true power button/speaker/cracks.

Only thing one should do is "waterproof" the motor. Which we did. Doh 18xl already had silicone on the motor covers. Bearings could use more grease, so nothing can get past them.

• Like 2