SOLD - DEAD InMotion V11 [San Diego Area]

I have a second-batch InMotion V11 that will not power on after a cut-out crash. It has around 1k miles on it, and some fairly minor cosmetic damage from the crash. It has v3 clark pards installed, and slime in the tire. I have 2 battery chargers to go with it. I have the original box for shipping.

I can make no promises that the wheel is repairable. I don't have the skills to assess the damage to the electronics; it could be a simple wire disconnect, it could be completely broken. eWheels is unresponsive, so I don't even know what it would cost to repair it.

The battery was around 80% at the time of the accident, and it had no operational problems prior. This was the first crash.

If you can fix it it might be a good wheel, otherwise its a salvage for parts. I'm hoping to get $300, but I will take the best offer plus shipping if this goes unsold for long enough.

Edit

Sold

See spoiler for pictures.

Spoiler

IMG-2743.jpgIMG-2744.jpgIMG-2745.jpg

Edited by Kyeotic
updating best offer
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Kyeotic said:

I have a second-batch InMotion V11 that will not power on after a cut-out crash. It has around 1k miles on it, and some fairly minor cosmetic damage from the crash. It has v3 clark pards installed, and slime in the tire. I have 2 battery chargers to go with it. I have the original box for shipping.

I can make no promises that the wheel is repairable. I don't have the skills to assess the damage to the electronics; it could be a simple wire disconnect, it could be completely broken. eWheels is unresponsive, so I don't even know what it would cost to repair it.

The battery was around 80% at the time of the accident, and it had no operational problems prior. This was the first crash.

If you can fix it it might be a good wheel, otherwise its a salvage for parts. I'm hoping to get $300, but I will take the best offer plus shipping if this goes unsold for long enough.

Reveal hidden contents

IMG-2743.jpgIMG-2744.jpgIMG-2745.jpg

heres my email adsk1@workgmail.com. im willing to give the 300 upfront. but id like to see some pics. i live in Minnesota and willing to pay for shipping. 

• Like 1

3 people wanting to buy, in less than 12hrs. Seems like seller is "LOW" balling the 300$ price..

Even if wheel is dead. The batteries, rim, etc.. would be much more worth. If anything i think you need only new motherboard, to fix the wheel. Worst case it's ~300$ to repair.

This 300$ is simply steal for V11. Even if it needs "new" motherboard.

@Kyeotic Question for you - Does the wheel "spin" freely? (Put the wheel on it's side and try spinning the wheel with hand.) If it has "resistance" like breaking. That right there would mean fried mosfets. Which case you need new motherboard. Also how old is the wheel? Doesn't it have warranty still?

I would ask at least ~800$... As new V11 cost over 2000$. (300$ + ~300$ for new motherboard = 600$ it's so low, low price.) I never buy anything used, but seeing this offer for 300$ - knowing i could fix it for extra 300$ and sell it afterwards for easy 1500$. It's simple "flipping" game, i could earn 600-900$... It's no brainer deal right here. :D 

(Sadly shipping would be so expensive.. Otherwise if i lived near you, i would offer easily 500-650$..)

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I wont be flipping this. I'm too broke to afford a new one since it would cost 2100$.

But, @funky is right.

the ~800$ he was talking about is a little much for me. But I can do 500. I'll still be willing pay for shipping. Seems shipping were you ate to mn is 140 to 160. So a total of ~650$

• Like 1

That's two offers for $500 plus shipping. Unless someone breaks the tie I guess Im going with adsk1 for offering first.

I knew I was coming in low, but I didn't realize how low. This is my first time trying to sell a broken product.

Edit: for those asking, there are pictures in the spoiler tag of the original post
Edit2: PM offer for $600

Edited by Kyeotic

22 hours ago, Funky said:

This 300$ is simply steal for V11. Even if it needs "new" motherboard.

@Kyeotic Question for you - Does the wheel "spin" freely? (Put the wheel on it's side and try spinning the wheel with hand.) If it has "resistance" like breaking. That right there would mean fried mosfets. Which case you need new motherboard. Also how old is the wheel? Doesn't it have warranty still?

Yes, there is some alternating resistance when trying to free spin the wheel, like breaking is turning on an off at a regular interval. The wheel is 2 years old and out of warranty.

I really expected a dead wheel to be worth a lot less, so thank you for the very helpful reality check. Much appreciated.

To everyone else: it seems the motherboard of this wheel is dead. Please adjust your expectations accordingly.

33 minutes ago, Kyeotic said:

Yes, there is some alternating resistance when trying to free spin the wheel, like breaking is turning on an off at a regular interval. The wheel is 2 years old and out of warranty.

I really expected a dead wheel to be worth a lot less, so thank you for the very helpful reality check. Much appreciated.

To everyone else: it seems the motherboard of this wheel is dead. Please adjust your expectations accordingly.

That's why i said 300$ is very low price. (Even one battery pack cost ~500$.. And theres 2 of them. :D) EUC's aren't like any other pevs. It really doesn't get "old". As it has literally no moving parts. (Only bearings/suspension.) Sure battery may have lost 5-10% of its original capacity, but otherwise everything else is like new. (If you don't count decorative scratches on plastic.)

Put in new motherboard and euc will be like "new". Even 600$ (+300$ for new motherboard.) is 900$ and that's okey price, for something that cost ~2000$. (I personally would have fixed it and sold for 1300$.. If i needed the money. But that's me..

Edited by Funky

Thank you to everyone who has reached out privately (and @Funky). I truly appreciate the honest feedback that I was undervaluing this. For those of you who think I should repair this before selling it I tried. I emailed eWheels over a week ago and have not received a response. I've received escalating private offers since posting this and am now well aware that there is still demand for a wheel with a dead motherboard. Given that I cannot repair it myself I still plan to sell it to the highest bidder as-is.

• Kyeotic changed the title to SOLD - DEAD InMotion V11 [San Diego Area]