Gotway Mten3 not charging

My 460Wh/84V Mten3 has been having consistent charging issues for months now. 99% of the time when I plug in the charger to the wheel, I get the same blinking green LED light that shows up when it's just connected to wall power. I used to occasionally get the red light that meant the wheel is charging but in the past few weeks I haven't been able to charge it at all. I contacted eWheels about this issue a few months ago and they told me Gotway had changed charger manufacturers and other people were having similar issues; they told me they'd send me a new brand of charger but as far as I can tell this new one is exactly the same as the previous one and it has the exact same issue. 

I've tried "warming up" the charger by plugging it just into the wall then removing it before plugging it into the wheel but that hasn't helped with the issue. I'm wondering if its an issue with the motherboard and if I need to crack the thing open to try and fix it or if I should try a different brand of 84v charger. Wondering if anybody here has had similar issues or knows of any fixes for this sort of thing.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Stopping the charge is how Gotway battery packs indicate unrecoverable issues affecting either the cells or the BMS itself.

It most likely means that either some cells are in very bad shape and severely unbalanced with others, or the BMS board or components are damaged, or both.
In any case it's a serious issue which must be looked at by a professional, and could lead to a fire if not.

Since you've tried another charger, you very most likely eliminated it as a cause already. And the mainboard is not involved in the charging process here.

Edited by supercurio
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

The situation is now very serious.

First of all, please do not leave it indoors, as risk of fire has increased significantly. Second, please do not leave it unattended when charging. If the product has a warranty, please contact your dealer, and take it under service. However, if the warranty does not exist, please take it to a place where it can be serviced (for example your reseller).

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1