My Veteran Sherman OG+MAX 3D Printed Accessories

Rawnei

• 1 month later...

Small update regarding the Trolley Seal:

I finally got to test the seal in heavy rain at high speed, it worked pretty well but not perfect, a few drops got into the middle of the handle (not directly into the tubes going down into the battery compartment but there's always that risk) which was decent but I think it can be better. So I have updated the design to prevent that from happening, the seal now has a tighter fit against the shell but a tradeoff because of that is that it will be a bit more difficult to pop the trolley handle up, to pop it up with the updated version you can gently put some force on the side of the trolley handle while holding down the button and then it will come up.

This is interesting. I did the same thing you did when I got my Sherman Max.  I've long been interested in 3D printing and once I got my Sherman, I decided to also get a 3D printer. So, I got a Creality Ender 3 S1 printer. I have since made a ton of items for my Sherman and for other hobbies.  It has been very nice to be able to make things for my wheels and to even design new things.  

Great work on your designs for your wheel!  I like what you've done.  Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tasku said:

Regarding the seal, Is there new link or is the old file replaced?

Hey there, thingiverse link is updated with a new V2 file.

24 minutes ago, WillieP said:

This is interesting. I did the same thing you did when I got my Sherman Max.  I've long been interested in 3D printing and once I got my Sherman, I decided to also get a 3D printer. So, I got a Creality Ender 3 S1 printer. I have since made a ton of items for my Sherman and for other hobbies.  It has been very nice to be able to make things for my wheels and to even design new things.  

Great work on your designs for your wheel!  I like what you've done.  Thanks for sharing!

Thanks, would be interesting to see your designs as well!

Getting my S22 soon I have a bunch of ideas for that as well.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

New bumper design, this is a revised version of the previous bumper which I now consider legacy.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5454533

A bumper for the Veteran Sherman that I designed in Blender, fits both the OG and Max, offer more protection than it's predecessor, the side bumpers are now much larger and comes with an optional frontal bumper. The frontal bumper can also act as a provisional kickstand of sorts (see photo).

The idea for this bumper stems from off-road use where accidentally dropping the wheel at low speed on technical terrain (such as a pedal clip) usually means that the wheel will fall somewhere on the front/side, this bumper is meant to give some protection from rocks and such in combination with whatever power pads are mounted. The bumper is not intended to be a high speed crash protector although it's possible it might offer some protection.

This is a modular design, you can choose if you only want only the left+right bumpers or if you want left+right+frontal bumpers.

Why modular? A lot of people myself included might not have a big print-bed, with a modular approach it's possible to print it with a smaller print-bed, also if you happen to have more than one printer you can print several pieces at once which is advantageous considering all the parts takes a while to print.

4.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Edited by Rawnei
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

New accessory for the Sherman+Max.

• Veteran Sherman OG+Max Roll Cage Bumpers

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5477159

Simple but effective design to protect the upper parts of the Roll Cage on the Veteran Sherman + Shermax, purpose is to avoid scratches and blemishes that might happen over time (which will also lead to rust in places where the paint would peel off).

Easy to install and take off but sits firmly in place by hugging the rail, more space in the rear of the bumper as to not intrude on lights or other accessories.

(FYI The cable tape on the roll-cage in the pictures are just there to give some light protection for my Luna Seat mounting points).

1.thumb.jpg.c17c646ad1f042f2600816053385d277.jpg

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Tasku said:

Are you gonna get the rumoured new sherman with suspension?
Love the "DJ Ronnie customs shop for EUC"! 
Thank you, hope you keep em coming!

Not on my list, time will tell!

17 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Not on my list

Famous last words, lol!

15 minutes ago, fbhb said:

Famous last words, lol!

Any suspension wheel 40kg or less is surely interesting, I foresee a 100% suspension future for myself, but any new model from any of the manufacturers really have to prove itself now after all the problems we've been seeing with all the new wheels, so who knows maybe in the future if it's truly a fantastic piece of engineering and not a potato. 😉 For now I'm more than happy with S22 and Max.

• Upvote 1

@Rawnei your modular front bumper has saved the front end of my shermax multiple times during my trip up the euc learning curve. It's been a tough wheel to learn on, but at least it's protected!

I've considered downloading and modifying your headlight surround to include an "eyebrow" that stops the light beam from blinding oncoming traffic. 

I actually just designed a printable clip on sherman seat that I remixed from a thingiverse file. It's going to be a really long print though.... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Racer13X said:

@Rawnei your modular front bumper has saved the front end of my shermax multiple times during my trip up the euc learning curve. It's been a tough wheel to learn on, but at least it's protected!

I've considered downloading and modifying your headlight surround to include an "eyebrow" that stops the light beam from blinding oncoming traffic. 

I actually just designed a printable clip on sherman seat that I remixed from a thingiverse file. It's going to be a really long print though.... 

Awesome, glad to hear!

I made similar mod for S22 lights but not sure how well it would work on the Sherman as the light fixture is pretty big, also kinda ugly with a cap on the Sherman light 😅 but go for it.

• Haha 1