• 0-33%
    • 34-66%
    • 67-100%
  2. 2. Braking settings, which do you prefer:

• 0-33%
    • 34-66%
    • 67-100%

On 5/25/2022 at 8:43 PM, Wolverine said:

Now that an update has been released and it is possible to change more V11 settings, we would like to know what settings riders are using.

The overall/master “pedal sensitivity” still plays a role in the Split mode, so the above poll is a bit lacking. For example, (IIRC) master-accel-braking 40-100-100 feels somewhat similar to 80-0-0. Or something along those lines. So the two parameters alone don’t tell much about the actual ride feel that people are aiming for.

Edited by mrelwood
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, mrelwood said:

The overall/master “pedal sensitivity” still plays a role in the Split mode, so the above poll is a bit lacking. For example, (IIRC) master-accel-braking 40-100-100 feels somewhat similar to 80-0-0. Or something along those lines. So the two parameters alone don’t tell much about the actual ride feel that people are aiming for.

You know, we can make things always more complex, for example adding a pedal sensitivity or a pedal angle to the poll. It is often overlooked that some of this data already exists and has been analyzed in the past. We already know that most of the V11 riders prefer off-road mode, 67-100% pedal sensitivity, and hard pedals. However, we do not yet have information on what Split Ride Modes are riders using. This is what this poll is all about.

Other data, provided by our riders, are for example available in here:

It of course depends on what exactly are you hoping to find out with the poll. But a two year old poll can’t be combined with the most recent firmware with extra settings, especially when the ride modes themselves have since changed drastically. Riders are also more and more educated on how the settings affect the ride, and there are less and less riders who don’t try out different settings and just max out everything in hopes for the best acceleration (which doesn’t give them what they want).

At first I used Off-road 100%. After Inmotion improved the Commuter mode, I’ve used Commuter 60-70%. With the split modes I use Commuter 40-50% to better match the same ride feel.

What exactly are you hoping to conclude from the poll results? I would personally find it much more informing to ask for the amount of difference people have between the acceleration and braking. That would tell us if people are actually finding benefit from the split modes.

So, I updated the firmware yesterday and experimented with the settings. I tried all kind of combination of split ride modes and rode with each for few km. After 20km I found what setting suits me best. I believe there is no universal best setting and everyone will like it very differently.

I started with Off-road and no combination of braking and speeding felt right. It always felt like the V11 fought me for control, more or less. Then I switched to Commute mode and after a while I ended up with 30% speeding and 60% braking. Going forward feels quite smooth but still responsive and acceleration is great. I might be even riding too fast now for my liking, because it goes fast so easy. Breaking I'm still not completely sure about, but no other percentage in commute mode felt good. 

Breaking above 70% felt smooth but "slow" and unresponsive. Breaking below 40% was just weird. I didn't like how the pedals dipped backwards. Speeding above 50% was super smooth but responses were a bit sluggish for me.

After all that testing I became a bit tired and thirsty. Fortunately small local brewery were nearby and I rewarded myself with wonderful light czech lager :eff00eab1e::eff034a94a:   (no riding in traffic afterward)    

deserved rest.jpg

• Upvote 1

Right now I am using 45% forward and 35% backwards. Its a pretty nifty feature and feels very comfortable during accelerating and braking, as long as one can get used to the pedals moving while riding. I have 11.000 km under my belt with the pedals perfectly rigid (always used to ride at 100% pedal sensitivity too) so it may  take me bit but so far I really like it.

I just wish the pedals would move faster while tilting, like twice as fast. Right now they cant keep up with how quickly one usually switches from rolling along to accelerating and braking and thus "lag" behind. It feels unatural, and a faster tilt change would make this feature safer and more intuitive. Ideally one could adjust the speed ad which the pedals move with an additional slider, that would be perfect.

• Upvote 1