ERROR Mileage counter reset, non-functional lights, 3 red blinking dots in taillights (RS19)

Fully charged up my wheel and went to turn it on and had all of the issues above.

Tried power cycling and putting it in and out of transportation mode, no dice, problems persist. The wheel still seems ride-able, but none of the lights are working and neither power button commands nor EUCworld have any effect on changing either the headlights or LED strips on the front or rear of the wheel. We're dark.

Don't really want to try riding the wheel in this condition, but no idea what's gone wrong. My last ride was fairly tame trails and there was absolutely no water involved. Any ideas what could cause all of these things to happen at once? Need to get my wheel back up to 100% as I'm only half way through my road trip!

I think it applies to GW in general... but did you try free spinning it forward to cutoff, then let it stop, and free spin it backward to cutoff? You might have to do something in between (power cycle?), but seems I remember something like that is a GW "reset"

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Tawpie said:

I think it applies to GW in general... but did you try free spinning it forward to cutoff, then let it stop, and free spin it backward to cutoff? You might have to do something in between (power cycle?), but seems I remember something like that is a GW "reset"

Thanks - I rode it low speed for a bit and noticed that all of the sudden the mileage and everything else came back and started working again. Weird stuff.

• Upvote 1

While the original problem resolved itself somehow, I had worse luck basically minutes later by getting speed wobbles at pretty much max speed right after this and being unable to recover with a bad stance. Wheel continued it's journey tumbling and such until eventually taking a hard left to plant itself in a drainage ditch partially submerged. Gear did it's job, but now I'm in the midst of a full tear-down, cleaning, and reassembly. Fortunately I am in a place with some access to tools at least. I didn't document wire routing very well so now I'm trying to look up if there's reassembly videos or something like available.

• Sad 1

Happened same to me. Before some weeks I got tree blinking lights on back and free spin solved the problem. In 3 days I got save error, but free spin did not solve anything. I try free spin backward and forward. Nothing. Try left and right tilt - same result… No water, no falls, only nice trails… 

On 5/22/2022 at 3:46 PM, vladdark said:

Happened same to me. Before some weeks I got tree blinking lights on back and free spin solved the problem. In 3 days I got save error, but free spin did not solve anything. I try free spin backward and forward. Nothing. Try left and right tilt - same result… No water, no falls, only nice trails… 

Very weird. Originally I rode it around at low speed for a bit and things magically came back to normal while on this ride. Is your wheel still messed up? I sent an email to ewheels about this error, but haven't gotten anything back yet. I may try their website portal for better luck later.

So I got this error again after I did a full disassembly and cleaning, but a simple unidirectional free-spin was able to clear it up. My earlier bad luck was at least able to be balanced out by good luck happening in the best place where I had access to tools on this trip, so that worked out. Anyway, I've been on several rides since the repair completed on Sunday and things are basically 100%. Although, one weird thing is if I have a crash my "mph-display" will sometimes turn completely off and I have to power cycle the wheel to get it to turn on again.

Other than this, there might have been some water ingress to one or both of the battery packs due to some heat shrink that had worn away at one corner, so I think I will need to cut all the heat shrink away, inspect, possibly use compressed air to clean, and re-heat shrink the battery packs when I get back from my trip to be safe.

Anyway, after all of this, at least I know my wheel inside and out now, LOL.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2022 at 7:51 PM, Vanturion said:

Very weird. Originally I rode it around at low speed for a bit and things magically came back to normal while on this ride. Is your wheel still messed up? I sent an email to ewheels about this error, but haven't gotten anything back yet. I may try their website portal for better luck later.

So I got this error again after I did a full disassembly and cleaning, but a simple unidirectional free-spin was able to clear it up. My earlier bad luck was at least able to be balanced out by good luck happening in the best place where I had access to tools on this trip, so that worked out. Anyway, I've been on several rides since the repair completed on Sunday and things are basically 100%. Although, one weird thing is if I have a crash my "mph-display" will sometimes turn completely off and I have to power cycle the wheel to get it to turn on again.

Other than this, there might have been some water ingress to one or both of the battery packs due to some heat shrink that had worn away at one corner, so I think I will need to cut all the heat shrink away, inspect, possibly use compressed air to clean, and re-heat shrink the battery packs when I get back from my trip to be safe.

Anyway, after all of this, at least I know my wheel inside and out now, LOL.

After some days of driving without lights, everything is back to normal :D  

11 hours ago, vladdark said:

After some days of driving without lights, everything is back to normal :D  

That's good, I got this same light error at least once if not twice since and the spin-to-cutoff was able to clear it up each time. Chalking it up to a weird little wheel quirk for now.

the exact procedure to resolve this (and the similar issue with the EXN family wheels) is :

lift your wheel and gently tilt forward
make it beeps but not cut

now tilt the wheel backward until it cut out

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey all,

New to forums in general, I thought someone might have some advice?

I am experiencing similar problems. I had the 3 lights at the back but after riding it stopped.

Also the Bluetooth speaker isn't discoverable any more, but I can connect with Euc world just fine.

I'm stumped as how to fix it, there doesn't seem to be anything in the app to enable Bluetooth discovery. 

Has anyone had the same issue?

• Like 1