Reverse engineer the InMotion V12 AVAS system?

LightWave

I know the InMotion V12 has a great AVAS system but can we figure out how to install this in other wheels? I find this a major safety issue with the wheels being ultra quite and if I have music on it alerts more pedestrians as well as wildlife. I mean I do carry a bell on me as well but a better AVAS system for all wheels is mandatory for 100% safety and it's also really fun too lol

Ignore this comment: I tried to email the developer of EUC World but no reply on making this part of the app open source so we can all work on it together. I know anytime audio is connected to Bluetooh there's a latency issue so not sure it could ever be fixed.

So this has me wondering if we can figure out another way to make the motor louder since there's a monopoly on this or something? I wonder if we setup a mic inside and speaker system directly into the shell?

Just a note: (Tesla also has a really good AVAS system we should look into and I hear you can even modify the sound of the horn.)

Edited by ElectronxCycles
  • Like 1

What? AVAS is fully working in eucworld perfectly.

I use HORSE sound pack and i am super happy about this feature.

After some tuning and fine seting AVAS work and sound amazing.

I use JBL Extreme 3 for AVAS and activate/deactivate AVAS by my smartwatch(ticwatchpro 2018)

I no feel any latency or problem with eucworld AVAS.

Just buy premium and enjoy. 

6 hours ago, ElectronxCycles said:

I know anytime audio is connected to Bluetooh there's a latency issue so not sure it could ever be fixed?

This should depend mainly on buffering of the audio device - this ensures for example music listening without interruption but can lead to real noteable latency.

System internal latency of a bluetooth cpnnection should be quite ok, especially as new from the wheel reported values v me only 3-5(?10?) times a second which likely leads to a much bigger latency.

Latency for AVAS shouldn't be an issue... it's playing continuously and the only thing that would be "late" would be a pitch change due to your changing speed.

The trick is finding the right sound! Car makers spent a boat load of money trying to find the best sound, I haven't come up with anything really excellent yet but am still hunting around.

• Like 1

I had hopes to hear peoples opinion on reverse engineering the InMotion V12 AVAS system

I only mentioned the app to add more information on what we could do for alternative solutions. The latency with EUC World is really hard to hear unless you are trained in music but it drives a trained eat bonkers... Unless it's because I was using an older android? I don't like the UI with android so I stick with iPhones and the app doesn't work with Apple