Does it sounds like my wheel needs new bearings??? - Video attached

LightWave

50 minutes ago, Funky said:

wd40 on bearings. :facepalm:

Exactly. WD40 has solvents in it that will attempt to remove the existing grease, oil, crud and whatnot. But we want the bearings to remain greased through and through.

• Like 2

On 4/24/2022 at 2:02 PM, goatman said:

Park Tool water proof bearing grease

Hey I could only find "Lucas Oil X-Tra Heavy Duty Grease" think that will work on the bearings? I just picked it up anyway and thought I would ask before I open it up. The reviews suggest this really good stuff but wondering what you think? I

know with cars &trucks I always find "Lucas" brand is one of the best for restoring motors and transmissions

Canadian Tire sells marine grease. The label states that this grease can be used on boat trailer axle wheel bearings. To launch a boat into the water, the wheel bearings are often submerged, and it can be salt water to boot.

Edited by techyiam
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, ElectronxCycles said:

Hey I could only find "Lucas Oil X-Tra Heavy Duty Grease" think that will work on the bearings?

It probably would, but it does sound like it could be on the stiffer side of greases. The viscosity of an ideal bearing grease is on the softer side. The Mos2 bearing grease I have is also much stiffer than the stuff the bearings come equipped with, so regreasing the bearings with this caused a slightly shorter range.

14 hours ago, mrelwood said:

It probably would, but it does sound like it could be on the stiffer side of greases. The viscosity of an ideal bearing grease is on the softer side. The Mos2 bearing grease I have is also much stiffer than the stuff the bearings come equipped with, so regreasing the bearings with this caused a slightly shorter range.

Oh really? Darn it's too late I already put it on lol The wheel is fixed though, also fully charged so I'll see how she runs and if the range is crap I'll change it again haha

Wheel is fixed! Thanks so much for your help everyone!

I filmed a lot of video about the process along with all the mistakes, struggles and falling on the street and hurting myself because I didn't put the pedal arms on correctly! The only issue is I need to find time to do a lot of video editing lol I'll put a link in the video to this thread as well, maybe it will help another rookie in the future lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ElectronxCycles said:

Bad news for this v10 motor is still slipping.... Any ideas???

What do you mean by slipping? Do you have a video?

Edited by Menace