Best Compromise For Experienced Rider In 2022

Hi chaps!

I'm having some trouble choosing my next EUC because there is nothing available with everything I'm looking for: a minimal range akin to the KS-16X (more is always better ofc), suspension, reasonable speakers and decent build quality.

I have almost 5000km on the V8 but after two recent failures with reasons still unknown (everything seems to be in order according to the maintenance shop) I need an upgrade asap.

Had a borrowed 16X a few months ago, I rode 500km in just a couple of weeks, would have bought it right away back then if I could! But now my intent is to buy a new model.

Build quality (for chinese standards anyway) narrows my search to Inmotion or King Song, correct me if I'm wrong.

The S20 reviews were very disappointing considering the price tag, so it's out of my list which also makes me willing to ignore suspension instead of speakers for now, not willing to wait for the V13 though.

It seems the V12HT is the best choice, I also love offroad and steep hills riding so high torque is welcomed. But I'm a bit apprehensive to buy the first batch (can it be considered a first batch since it's similar to the regular V12?), and who knows how long it will take to be available after the cutout debacle.

I'm curious to know what are your thoughts on the matter.

Cheers

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Monomental said:

Hi chaps!

I'm having some trouble choosing my next EUC because there is nothing available with everything I'm looking for: a minimal range akin to the KS-16X (more is always better ofc), suspension, reasonable speakers and decent build quality.

I have almost 5000km on the V8 but after two recent failures with reasons still unknown (everything seems to be in order according to the maintenance shop) I need an upgrade asap.

Had a borrowed 16X a few months ago, I rode 500km in just a couple of weeks, would have bought it right away back then if I could! But now my intent is to buy a new model.

Build quality (for chinese standards anyway) narrows my search to Inmotion or King Song, correct me if I'm wrong.

The S20 reviews were very disappointing considering the price tag, so it's out of my list which also makes me willing to ignore suspension instead of speakers for now, not willing to wait for the V13 though.

It seems the V12HT is the best choice, I also love offroad and steep hills riding so high torque is welcomed. But I'm a bit apprehensive to buy the first batch (can it be considered a first batch since it's similar to the regular V12?), and who knows how long it will take to be available after the cutout debacle.

I'm curious to know what are your thoughts on the matter.

Cheers

InMotion V11 fits the bill, suspension like you wanted, good build quality.

I was in your situation and bought a Begode Hero last week. I'm super excited about it coming, but I suspect the V11 would have fit 90% of my uses for the Hero, for $1,000 less.

My other potential regret might be passing on the Sherman Max, which is actually in stock at Ewheels.com even though the web site isn't updated correctly.

Every wheel is going to have it's pros and cons, but keep in mind that newer isn't always better. There's a lot to be said for the older wheels that are much lighter and that have a proven track record of reliability and popularity. The V8, for example, came out like 5 years ago and they're still selling them.

KS18XL, great little wheel by the looks of it.

Nikola+? Looks awesome. 2700 wh version at AlienRides for like 2600 tax included.

Biggest question to ask yourself is how important suspension is to you. Only qualms I hear about the V11 is the unspectacular performance, and the only mediocre range (same as KS16x).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TantasStarke said:

I would definitely avoid the V12 until the new control boards come out AND there's been enough time to see if the new boards fix them. New boards for the V12HS should be releasing at the same time as the V12HT launch AFAIK. I will say from a video I've seen on the hill climbing of the V12HT it could be a could become a contender for the best offroad wheel, but only time will tell.

I wouldn't ignore Gotway/Begode or Veteran, every company has had their issues. The botched S20 demo, the Inmotion V12 cutouts, the Veteran Abrams cutouts, Gotway/Begode fires, the low-end inmotion board failures. Every company has released wheels that were great, and that weren't so great.

As for what wheel you should get it really does depend on your use case.
If you want to do hard offroading the RS19 HT is by far the best choice
If you want to go the distance the Commander, Monster Pro, or Sherman Max would be your best bets
If you want to carve something like a 16S
If you want to go real fast something like an EXN HS
If you want a little something of everything a Nikola AR+

There's plenty of wheels on the market that can fit different needs so it really depends on what you want out of your next wheel. I personally got the Nikola AR+ since I wanted something with good water resistance and a ton of range+power, next wheel I get will either be more range+power, power+suspension, or all 3 and get an EX20S. Decisions decisions...

Yeah those EX20s are gonna be in shops really soon. Guess I just ran out of patience, and I was too shallow regarding the styling. I've never been a style guy, but I'm in love with the Hero's styling. Beautiful without being ultra-flashy like the S20 or EX20s

11 minutes ago, Esash said:

Every wheel is going to have it's pros and cons, but keep in mind that newer isn't always better. There's a lot to be said for the older wheels that are much lighter and that have a proven track record of reliability and popularity. The V8, for example, came out like 5 years ago and they're still selling them.

Nikola+? Looks awesome. 2700 wh version at AlienRides for like 2600 tax included.

I agree with older wheels being better, the older a wheel is the more time it's been on the market to find all the issues and to improve. It tells you if the wheel will be reliable for thousands of miles or if it'll cut out within a few hundred (like the abrams and V12 for instance)

I own both an 18XL and a Nikola AR+, and the AR+ is in a whole different ballpark. While the 18XL says a 31mph top speeds it's really more like 27-28, and the torque/acceleration on it isn't very good. The Nikola AR+ on the otherhand I've gotten up to 42mph before on a full charge, and can cruise easily around 32-38mph. It also has a ton more range with ~70% more capacity, it has a ton more torque/acceleration being 16in vs 18in and being 100v vs 84v, and the 3 inch tire is so much nicer than the 2.5in as well.

Not to say the 18XL is a bad wheel, I just don't take it out anymore unless I need to because I drained my AR+ already or need to ride the AR+ later in the day and want to conserve it's juice

Edited by TantasStarke
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Esash said:

Yeah those EX20s are gonna be in shops really soon. Guess I just ran out of patience, and I was too shallow regarding the styling. I've never been a style guy, but I'm in love with the Hero's styling. Beautiful without being ultra-flashy like the S20 or EX20s

Yeah it's just the issue of it being a brand new wheel that could have unforeseen batch 1 problems, and with the amount of hype the Master is getting a lot of people are ignoring the EX20S, just like they did for it's predecessor the EX which was promptly scraped since it barely had any sales. There's rumors they'll make a 32S6P master that will give it 3600Wh on the 50E cells, which would be the best of both worlds. A lot of people who know about the EX20S and the Master want the Master for the insane performance it'll have being 134V with a High Torque motor, that has the fastest freespin of any High Speed motor. If they got that performance with top of the line range it would literally be the "Master"

If all of these botched launches stop happening, this is a very good time to be in the market for upgrading EUC

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TantasStarke said:

I agree with older wheels being better, the older a wheel is the more time it's been on the market to find all the issues and to improve. It tells you if the wheel will be reliable for thousands of miles or if it'll cut out within a few hundred (like the abrams and V12)

I own both an 18XL and a Nikola AR+, and the AR+ is in a whole different ballpark. While the 18XL says a 31mph top speeds it's really more like 27-28, and the torque/acceleration on it isn't very good. The Nikola AR+ on the otherhand gets a ton more range with ~70% more capacity, it has a ton more torque/acceleration being 16in vs 18in and being 100v vs 84v, the 3 inch tire is so much nicer than the 2.5in as well. The top speed is nice too, I've hit around 42mph before on a full charge, but cruising 30-35 is very nice on it.

Not to say the 18XL is a bad wheel, I just don't take it out anymore unless I need to because I drained my AR+ already or need to ride the AR+ later in the day and want to conserve it's juice

I missed out on the last like 3 generations of wheels. My Msuper v3 is 67 volts with 21 mph top speed. Even the KS18xl would seem futuristic to me right now.  I can hardly fathom how good this Hero is going to feel. 

I thought hard about even buying an MSX on aliexpress for 1500 and saving cash.

2 minutes ago, TantasStarke said:

From what I've heard from owners, you're going to love the wheel. Apparently it's like a work of art

your nikola is probably the ultimate nyc wheel without suspension. easy enough to take up and down subway stairs and not too big but still high end performance and battery

26 minutes ago, TantasStarke said:

Yeah it's just the issue of it being a brand new wheel that could have unforeseen batch 1 problems, and with the amount of hype the Master is getting a lot of people are ignoring the EX20S, just like they did for it's predecessor the EX which was promptly scraped since it barely had any sales. There's rumors they'll make a 32S6P master that will give it 3600Wh on the 50E cells, which would be the best of both worlds. A lot of people who know about the EX20S and the Master want the Master for the insane performance it'll have being 134V with a High Torque motor, that has the fastest freespin of any High Speed motor. If they got that performance with top of the line range it would literally be the "Master"

If all of these botched launches stop happening, this is a very good time to be in the market for upgrading EUC

I wonder how heavy the master will be the ex20s is like 52kg (114 pounds)I’ve heard not sure if that’s right or not .looked up 47 kg was the wheel weight …52 was shipping weight 

Edited by Dosingpsychedelics
Googled weight
  • Upvote 1

On 4/11/2022 at 12:13 AM, TantasStarke said:

I would definitely avoid the V12 until the new control boards come out AND there's been enough time to see if the new boards fix them. New boards for the V12HS should be releasing at the same time as the V12HT launch AFAIK. I will say from a video I've seen on the hill climbing of the V12HT it could be a could become a contender for the best offroad wheel, but only time will tell.

I wouldn't ignore Gotway/Begode or Veteran, every company has had their issues. The botched S20 demo, the Inmotion V12 cutouts, the Veteran Abrams cutouts, Gotway/Begode fires, the low-end inmotion board failures. Every company has released wheels that were great, and that weren't so great.

As for what wheel you should get it really does depend on your use case.
If you want to do hard offroading the RS19 HT is by far the best choice
If you want to go the distance the Commander, Monster Pro, or Sherman Max would be your best bets
If you want to carve something like a 16S
If you want to go real fast something like an EXN HS
If you want a little something of everything a Nikola AR+

There's plenty of wheels on the market that can fit different needs so it really depends on what you want out of your next wheel. I personally got the Nikola AR+ since I wanted something with good water resistance and a ton of range+power, next wheel I get will either be more range+power, power+suspension, or all 3 and get an EX20S. Decisions decisions...

Good point about other companies, I suppose assembly videos from channels like Ekolka left me with a bad impression from Begode. But that Nikola AR+ seems like a very interesting wheel.

Have you ever had a change to test it on a steep offroad hill?

• Like 1

On 4/11/2022 at 2:20 AM, Esash said:

InMotion V11 fits the bill, suspension like you wanted, good build quality.

I was in your situation and bought a Begode Hero last week. I'm super excited about it coming, but I suspect the V11 would have fit 90% of my uses for the Hero, for $1,000 less.

My other potential regret might be passing on the Sherman Max, which is actually in stock at Ewheels.com even though the web site isn't updated correctly.

Biggest question to ask yourself is how important suspension is to you. Only qualms I hear about the V11 is the unspectacular performance, and the only mediocre range (same as KS16x).

If the V11's range was the same as KS16X I would have bought a couple of months ago, but from what I hear it loses at least 30km (all else being equal). Are you sure about that range?

20 hours ago, Monomental said:

If the V11's range was the same as KS16X I would have bought a couple of months ago, but from what I hear it loses at least 30km (all else being equal). Are you sure about that range?

If range is a bigger priority than suspension, and the Nikola AR+ is in your budget, I'd say go for it. Should be an awesome all-arounder that will last many years.

• Like 1

On 4/15/2022 at 5:39 AM, Monomental said:

The efficacy of different wheels is almost identical, so the base range is only affected by the battery capacity and to some extent the low battery behavior. V11 and 16X both stop at 3.15V. 30+ km loss for a battery that’s only 56Wh smaller just don’t make sense, where would all that energy go?

My 230lbs + gear usually gets 60-65km on the V11 with fast accelerations and often riding up to 30mph, with a heavy motorcycle tire. I’ve gotten 70km on slower group rides, with half of it being me riding fast alone to/from home.

Lighter riders have gotten it past 80km.

• Like 2