Remove pedals from wheel hub motor

coker

For the image, use a service like imgur.com to upload the image if it's too big. That image could have been cropped to make it smaller though!

Did you determine that the noise was due to the bearings or motor?

There is some discussion on this thread, follow the links there for some pictures. You will need to pry the shims out and then use a big wrench.

4 hours ago, coker said:

I'm pretty sure it's the bearings but nevertheless I need to get to them to assess.Cant figure out how to pry out shims. May take to an auto mechanic ?

Prying out shims is shown here: 

For an other EUC and for some other reason - but maybe can help you.

But yours also has something dark stuff in the open spaces... Also at the thread between the axle and the nut!? And the protection/insulation of the cable to the motor seems to be in a quite bad condition - since you have it open you could try to give it some protection again.

I'm amazed the Ninebot uses the same, to my eyes, very crude solution to attaching the hub to the peddles as the generic wheels. Wear that would allow the peddles to move or the wheel to touch the case looks way more likely than on the KingSong's simple but elegant solution to the same problem.

Archived