Begode MCM4 model? / for sale

Would anyone know how to find out which MCM4 version I have? I bought a unit used a few years ago, it's been great and I'm trying to get all the details so I can sell it. I've downloaded the Begode and Darkness apps but they don't indicate 260wh,340wh,520WH,680WH, or any other details. The EUC runs well and is a perfect starter wheel for those interested. I would like to sell it since I just got an MCM5 V2. Ideally local pickup in Los Angeles or San Diego. Will decide on price once I know the specifics. Thanks

• Like 1

The wheel/board literally does not know which battery is connected. It just reads its voltage. So no app can do anything.

To know the battery capacity, you have to open it and check the sticker that (hopefully) is on the battery packs.

I don't know any other trick to figure out the battery size.

Gotway wheels had these small stickers with the battery size on them, presumably you didn't happen to overlook that somewhere on your MCM4?

Ok, that makes sense. Thanks for the info.

I have a feeling it's a 680 (with 2 packs) because of the weight, if that makes sense? Don't see a sticker anywhere and I'm weary of opening it up :unsure:

Both begode and darkness apps say it's connecting to 'GotWay 6041' - would you know if that indicates anything?

The Begode app crashes often Darkness seems to work fine although I've never been able to get the alarm settings to turn off.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, paul masvidal said:

Both begode and darkness apps say it's connecting to 'GotWay 6041' - would you know if that indicates anything?

No idea.

39 minutes ago, paul masvidal said:

I have a feeling it's a 680 (with 2 packs) because of the weight, if that makes sense?

If the weight distribution is even (it does not fall to one side), that indicates it has a pack on each side. So 520 or 680Wh. You can also google some weights and see if that confirms it. But 520Wh and 680Wh weigh the same (same number of cells, just different capacities) so this can't distinguish between these two.

Open it, or sell it as "680Wh or 520Wh" (if it is), I don't believe it will make much of a difference in price. The important part is "one or two packs?".

@paul masvidal Everything meepmeepmayer is accurate. You've got to crack open the wheels.

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

No idea.

If the weight distribution is even (it does not fall to one side), that indicates it has a pack on each side. So 520 or 680Wh. You can also google some weights and see if that confirms it. But 520Wh and 680Wh weigh the same (same number of cells, just different capacities) so this can't distinguish between these two.

Open it, or sell it as "680Wh or 520Wh" (if it is), I don't believe it will make much of a difference in price. The important part is "one or two packs?".

I dunno about the mcm4 specifically, but on the mcm5 the batteries are only on one side for even the largest variants. I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case for an older model too. Sometimes they stuff the batteries through the center, but typically there's a battery side and the other motherboard side. 

Like meepmeepmayer already said, there's no way to tell through the app. The only way is to open it up and inspect the batteries. Here's a teardown video. If you do it yourself be sure to open up the correct side of the wheel to save a little time ha. Can't tell you how many times I've opened a wheel looking for a motherboard and guessed wrong.

37 minutes ago, Denny Paul said:

Here's a teardown video.

Link missing?

I quickly googled a teardown video, and it looked like there are one pack on each side. Not 100% sure. It's this one: click. Don't trust me too much:)

18 minutes ago, paul masvidal said:

Any recs on a fair asking price?

No idea.

• 3 weeks later...

A range test might help estimate the pack size (or effective remaining capacity), but that takes time ...

Edited by xorbe