Molicel in begode wheels?

Denny Paul

Anyone have any insight on how these could improve performance? Would the increase amps their able to put out translate to more power output? Would it make the euc seem more lively? Or would it feel the same but just be safer? Could it actually be more dangerous because the controller or wiring can’t handle the amps? Who knows?!?

im hearing about some distributors adding molicels as an upgradable option to some of the begode/gotway wheels already in existence. Nikola+ and RS as far as I’ve confirmed so far (eWheels, you’ll have to email for pricing). Wondering if anyone out there has some good insights on if this is worth the extra cost. 

now they are offering :

• LGM50T / Samsung 50E - 10A - 2400wh
  • Samsung 40T - 35-45A - 2000wh
  • Molicel p42 - 45A - 2000wh

i think for 360° riding 2400wh is still the best choice, if you want a battery that performs better for extreme situation go for the 40T / p42 option

if you ride in hot temperatures the power available will be noticeable with the 40T but if you ride alot in temperatures around 15 c or less your range will suffer quite a bit 

the p42a likes it hot also and  does better with the volt sag in freezing temperatures, gives 400mah more than a 40T but didnt seem to like average usage. i think in my testing of the p42a i couldnt get a consistent mah loss/cycle result til it reached  103f

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=107573&hilit=p42a+cycle+test&start=25#p1616035

i just got an email from 18650BatteryStore.com saying the 40T3 and P42a are on sale right now.

10 months of the year where i live the average monthly temp is 15c or less

i think im going to rebuild with the P42a

i consider the battery the "motor", the controller the "transmission" and the motor the "rear end"

if you want long range like a diesel or 4 banger, get a high capacity cell

if you want performance, go with a P42a or 40T3

you can do the math to figure out what your amp/cell is

if its 5 amps or less go with high capacity

above 5 amps, go performance

ginger on wheels mentioned in the s20 review that he likes his P42a rebuild

Edited by goatman