Non Chinese EUC

Lex Smith

The Recio wheel was designed by some europeans?
They didn't have the manufacturing prowess and contracted begode? to make it.  It is an under-speced 16" wheel that is too expensive for what it is and no one is buying it.

Hextech from Canada built a 26" euc. They tried to do a kickstarter that failed. (https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/25036-orion-euc/)

The retail price was $5600 for less battery than the OG sherman...
I wonder why it didn't sell..

How can you have 1st world country engineering wages, and 1st world country contract manufacturing wages compete with china labor, china production costs, and china production speed for CHEAPER?

Don't be delusional. Who will pay $5k for a tesla v3 spec'd euc?  or $10k+ for a ex30 spec'd euc? Money talks. and everyone voted with their wallets 

Engineering an EUC in Cupertino, CA and contracting a Chinese manufacturing company seems perfectly doable. Apple does, why can't we? Walmart sells EUC's online. Nothing too crazy though, only the King Song 14D and 14M. What would we want to do better than what is already being done?

1) a headlight camera

2) I want to be able to connect my macbook to my euc for trip data and I want to be able to program it.

3) I want it to be completely independent of a phone and I want to be able to turn off all connectivity and trip recording at will.

4) I want it to be a computer, at least a cheap one.

5) I want it to at least be an AM/FM clock radio with alarms.

• 2 months later...
On 3/7/2022 at 11:51 PM, Paul A said:

Shenzen is the consumer electronics capital of the world.

Everything needed is within the one city.

Similar to why Silicon Valley is the technology hub of the world.

https://www.inc.com/will-yakowicz/shenzhen-city-of-electronics.html

If you need a hardware manufacturer or injection-molding master, there are factories that can make your product in a few days. And since the city makes 90 percent of the world's electronics, expert packagers and shippers aren't far away.

Compared with the high-end corporate tax rate of 39 percent in the U.S., China offers a relatively low corporate tax rate of 25 percent.

IP theft, economic espionage, and counterfeiting are perpetrated by the state, large companies, and manufacturers.

Thanks to the proximity of cheap parts, cheap manufacturers, cheap shipping, cheap labor, and crowdsourcing, this city may well be a founder's dreamworld.

Great videos on YouTube about Shenzhen.

great comment.

welcome to Shenzhen and our factory.

On 5/3/2023 at 7:21 AM, earthtwin said:

Engineering an EUC in Cupertino, CA and contracting a Chinese manufacturing company seems perfectly doable. Apple does, why can't we? Walmart sells EUC's online. Nothing too crazy though, only the King Song 14D and 14M. What would we want to do better than what is already being done?

1) a headlight camera

2) I want to be able to connect my macbook to my euc for trip data and I want to be able to program it.

3) I want it to be completely independent of a phone and I want to be able to turn off all connectivity and trip recording at will.

Engineering & designing EUC in USA and contracting to Chinese manufacturing company,it works,you can have a try.

yes we sell 14D and 14M and 16X on Walmart and Amazon.

your ideas of the EUC are great 

• Like 1

Thanks KSCS, I was wondering if the Chinese language itself makes it easier for people to do manufacturing, like if knew Chinese, might that make it easier for me to do manufacturing? Anyway, I think it's an old urban myth about Chinese manufacturing being substandard. My wheels were made in China and they are great! Maybe the reason we don't do a lot of manufacturing here in United States is simply because our workers have a low aptitude compared to Chinese workers, in regard to manufacturing.

Edited by earthtwin
punctuation
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Kingsong Customer Support said:

Engineering & designing EUC in USA and contracting to Chinese manufacturing company,it works,you can have a try.

Well, I have heard random chatter about Alienrides, and EEVEES wanting to make electric wheels of their own designs. I think many can talk the talk, but few can actually walk the walk. Even in China, I suspect Leaper Kim and Extreme Bull had their struggles, and even now for the latter company.

Having said that, check out Future Motion's Onewheel.

Future Motion Inc.’s Onewheel Boards Will Always Be Made in America

News article on Future Motion's Onewheel.

Onewheel is protected by US patents in the US. And the patents for the electric wheel is no longer own by a US company. So there is this matter too.

On 5/2/2023 at 7:21 PM, earthtwin said:

1) a headlight camera

A Raspberry Pi built in would be amazing. 

On 7/8/2023 at 8:30 PM, earthtwin said:

Thanks KSCS, I was wondering if the Chinese language itself makes it easier for people to do manufacturing, like if knew Chinese, might that make it easier for me to do manufacturing? Anyway, I think it's an old urban myth about Chinese manufacturing being substandard. My wheels were made in China and they are great! Maybe the reason we don't do a lot of manufacturing here in United States is simply because our workers have a low aptitude compared to Chinese workers, in regard to manufacturing.

manufacturing is about low labor cost(China),and supply chain supporting ,comparative advantage in a country ,it;s not related to language . manufacturing in Taiwan,Japan,South Korea,Italy,Germany is also very strong.

well,know Chinese is great,but that's not necessary,most important is to know Chinese thinking way and business behavior.it's like when we have to do business in your country,we should learn your business habits etc.

for electronic products,there is strong interconnection in East Asia. Japan,South Korea,China each makes different electronic components,this is industry supply chain.

just like you know LG ,SAMSUNG, PANASONIC batteries . 

• Like 2