So let's talk footwear

I recall there used to be a thread for this but I couldn't find it. Hench I made a new thread here. 

This is a topic that has been discussed before. 

But... 

More of use are riding with pedals that have spikes instead of grit tape. This has changed which footwear I prefer to use. 

In summertime I really like my Vans Slip-on Pro. They don't get hot and the soles fit my feet and connection to the pedels really great. 

These pedals allow use of different shoes.

Now my Solomon trekking running shoes are great for walking but not for me to ride EUC. I have not really FoU d out why but I think it is the curved stiff sole and I keep fight for grip. 

But with winter time advancing I needed something that handles rain and the cold maybe even snow. 

So today I got hopefully a good solution. They are called Vans SK8-Hi Gore-Tex MTE-3

https://www.vans.se/shop/en-gb/vans-se/sk8-hi-gore-tex-mte-3-shoes-vn0a5i116mp

Van Sk8-Hi MTE-3

Van Sk8-Hi MTE-3

Now the inner sole is firm but slightly squishy and it feels rather great. 

From what I tested briefly they seem to firm great with the rounded spikes on the Inmotion Hextech pedals. 

Right now we have close to freezing temps in my city. And water pools are frozen over since it had been raining a lot recently. This is risky to ride on but I hope I get to test these shoes or boots tomorrow. Together with a new version of EUC.WORLD. But that is a different story. 

On a side note I have small feet for most males so I don't have much overhang on the pedals. And I prefer to stand a bit further behind than most other riders I know. That is why I prefer shoes that are not totally stiff or hard when I ride. 

• Like 3

After crushing my left foot in a non EUC accident I have grown used to only wearing shoes/boots with toe protection.

image.jpg

Both pairs have a composite toe shell. The grey pair is lighter and more breathable for warm days. The roofing boots offer much more support and protection than the sneaker styled work book.

image.jpg

Both have a flat tread designs which is great for EUC pedals. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, gon2fast said:

image.jpg

I had some think that looks like my new ones, but their soles looks like yours here almost. And that doesn't fit spikes in the pattern of the soles. 

That is why I bought a new set for winter. 

All the skate shoes I have work great for riding. The thick sole kind like DC Shoes. And tall enough to protect the ankles.

I also bought "Iron Jias" motorcycle shoes, based on Sensei Vegans recommendation. The zipper makes them easy to get on and off when you're fully geared up. They're great but the sizing is kind of strange and it squeezes my toes more than I like. They have extra thick ankle support, and extra layer around the toes for protection. I'd recommend them if you can get the sizing right. ( need to change out those green laces, makes them look like bowling shoes)

Nghyczm.jpg

Edited by JordanEUC
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, gon2fast said:

After crushing my left foot in a non EUC accident I have grown used to only wearing shoes/boots with toe protection.

Both pairs have a composite toe shell. The grey pair is lighter and more breathable for warm days. The roofing boots offer much more support and protection than the sneaker styled work book.

Are you a roofer? I did roofing for 4 years. its a great job, hard work too. Pay wasn't great so I had to move on lol.

15 hours ago, Unventor said:

I recall there used to be a thread for this but I couldn't find it. Hench I made a new thread here. 

This is a topic that has been discussed before. 

But... 

More of use are riding with pedals that have spikes instead of grit tape. This has changed which footwear I prefer to use. 

In summertime I really like my Vans Slip-on Pro. They don't get hot and the soles fit my feet and connection to the pedels really great. 

These pedals allow use of different shoes.

Now my Solomon trekking running shoes are great for walking but not for me to ride EUC. I have not really FoU d out why but I think it is the curved stiff sole and I keep fight for grip. 

But with winter time advancing I needed something that handles rain and the cold maybe even snow. 

So today I got hopefully a good solution. They are called Vans SK8-Hi Gore-Tex MTE-3

https://www.vans.se/shop/en-gb/vans-se/sk8-hi-gore-tex-mte-3-shoes-vn0a5i116mp

Van Sk8-Hi MTE-3

Van Sk8-Hi MTE-3

Now the inner sole is firm but slightly squishy and it feels rather great. 

From what I tested briefly they seem to firm great with the rounded spikes on the Inmotion Hextech pedals. 

Right now we have close to freezing temps in my city. And water pools are frozen over since it had been raining a lot recently. This is risky to ride on but I hope I get to test these shoes or boots tomorrow. Together with a new version of EUC.WORLD. But that is a different story. 

On a side note I have small feet for most males so I don't have much overhang on the pedals. And I prefer to stand a bit further behind than most other riders I know. That is why I prefer shoes that are not totally stiff or hard when I ride. 

So the above is the initial before actually riding. 

Today I went on actual ride with a fair bit of "pitstops". This was all from eating lunch, a short meeting at work and a few shopping stops too. 

So I got to ride, walk both indoors and outdoors and then a longer ride as in 10km+. And today the area I ride is half melted black ice patches everywhere. So I didn't ride as fast as I normally. It is around freezing temperatures especially on the ground. And it is very most in the air, borderline foggy. Yet I didn't freeze my feet any more and that means my overall core temperature is much better and making riding comfortable. 

These felt really nice to use and yet they are still new. Once they are shaped to my feet and being more used to them, then it usually gets even better. 

Yes I know it isn't super cold temperature yet I tested but mostly when it get on the other side in freezing temperatures it often doesn't feels as cold due the moisture is out of the air. 

Anyway if you are looking for fall/winter season footwear these shoes would be on the list to check out if I could recommend something. Riding or just casual walking. :cheers:

• Like 3

Since people were so nice to react let me share how the looks like in POV. 

Waiting for my lunch (no flash) 

Vans SK8-HI GORE-TEX MTE-3 first real ride

Waiting for my lunch (with flash) 

It was fairly dark in the area. 

And last in elevator going up after my ride. 

I will spare the face picture but it was something like this: :w00t2:despite the cold, no more icestick feet. 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

For me these two combos have been stellar. 

NoBull Canvas trainer for daily riding/commuting/work comfort. (really highly recommend these!)

TCX Street 3 Air for dedicated solo/group ride days when I feel I need more protection. 

BlackIvyCanvasTrainerMidConcrete_1500_1000-5.webp

tcx_street3_air_shoes_black.jpg