Kingsong 16X 1st batch No Bluetooth App Connection

Valy

Hello, I recently purchased a second hand 1st batch KingSong 16X.  Previous owner says that the bluetooth app module suddenly stopped connecting since april. The music module works fine.

I tried doing the USB bluetooth update (though that is only for the music module).

EUC World and Kingsong app do not see the wheel. In the Phone bluetooth settings only the music module is discoverable.

I would really not change the motherboard just for this.

Is anyone here with any tips that I could try to make this work? I've seen people talking about a reset procedure by flipping the wheel in the air or something, but if that does not fix the connection, not sure what settings I will end up with.

Thanks.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Valy said:

Is anyone here with any tips that I could try to make this work? I've seen people talking about a reset procedure by flipping the wheel in the air or something, but if that does not fix the connection, not sure what settings I will end up with.

We've had a couple cases of this recently. Try using one of the BT scanner apps to see if the signal shows up in there at close proximity. A signal in the high 80s may have had the antenna detached. 

Screenshot Image

• Like 2

The first gen 16X boards did have an issue with placement of the BT module, which occasionally caused connectivity problems.

I have one with the same issue. But, sitting my phone on the wheel (under the handle) I can connect to change settings, et cetera. 

If you're not prepared to change the board, then this might be worth a crack. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

The first gen 16X boards did have an issue with placement of the BT module, which occasionally caused connectivity problems.

I have one with the same issue. But, sitting my phone on the wheel (under the handle) I can connect to change settings, et cetera. 

If you're not prepared to change the board, then this might be worth a crack. 

Thank you for the reply. That's the first thing I've tried. I did thorough search through the forums before posting. With the euc dissasembled I even tried putting the phone directly on the bluetooth antenna. No luck :(

• Like 1

On 9/15/2021 at 6:52 PM, Jason McNeil said:

We've had a couple cases of this recently. Try using one of the BT scanner apps to see if the signal shows up in there at close proximity. A signal in the high 80s may have had the antenna detached. 

Screenshot Image

Thank you for the reply. I did try some bluetooth scanner apps. However seems I should go in the woods (literally!) to test that as here in the city there is soooooo much bluetooth activity I didn't get any relevant results.

Looking at the motherboard itself I did not see any signs of damage or lose connectors or problems with the antenna connection.

vrYBjF7SkhOdqE1sBoLhHF05V2qZW4MERYZ0NQ4O9G7ptKw8c69yr0MsBjxEHgW_bs5n0lnCixm-eoUFAyehu3ZQZEXQalzonag8eGK3e_lTrsfEL-f2LrTGVqbpls2E70ozXfV7ITdZFoRmy7wGMCv9gGvzLu_ONpGsmfRbL03jYac022I2Lh-MH2xgo6yf5JY1tFhoXm74ga-NGLeXWxhh-ZqEccAmQ70CGJHECR9Ap1q4snuOqoikT4R45hLZztgT8ump_lujEArLdg4v8x_ZqxZPSoQSIV_boR-ysdehvoDyuO11FdNRBJnvaQIwVkiFslCwZWBLkGz2uIPfw8DfylmcufjZL1IV_9Qbf0Uj-UAodwq-NbRPAmjYMOuH8k9faSWUbrlu-Kjp0ZBpGuAMCbLh1cPwWRy5Jl34GU0Q4SDI3KAeHT1PR-EyV5KGlSCPA_lf9WThdxQzT1va8VNV-fOh835T5rU7IP87ZJcJsTUlI_E-NwvkFBZaZ1_tTU-vZFuQefRXTatLu1L2wNCE_sggBkNRcU-wPKbFaNyIcLQKgZFIoSTlSwB5n3fglBK9vmjeTBEWgvXWOqb4hzEW0-q0_maMEoLcEdsR_VYkeZUb8I0StJl6NvKZ4GCsaDDUGcAVHrYxrhYohIrrcRqLGc6sKqcvK7t0H95s07a4BtCkapBWm5OHpnY5rZU6udbR9ZaHUBpIh75fvu7D-PU9ig=w672-h896-no?authuser=0

• 9 months later...