Is this thing suitable for commuting?

claud

I'm a college student and want to buy a hoverboard to ride in college, I've seen videos about it and think it's convenient, but I'm worried about safety and feel that most hoverboard have low mileage and speed, Segway is a good example, but I want to buy a cheap one, does anyone have a good suggestion?

• Like 1

Hoverboards are toys. Completely useless. Get yourself a small EUC (Gotway Mten3, Inmotion V5F). Learning curve is identical and you can really use it. Moreover with an euc you can later "scale up" to bigger ones and do long distances, if you want to. Hoverboard? Nope.

• Like 1

On 9/9/2021 at 11:01 PM, ir_fuel said:

Hoverboards are toys. Completely useless. Get yourself a small EUC (Gotway Mten3, Inmotion V5F). Learning curve is identical and you can really use it. Moreover with an euc you can later "scale up" to bigger ones and do long distances, if you want to. Hoverboard? Nope.

Okay thank you for your advice, by the way, EUC is allowed to ride on the street?

• Like 1

This is a EUC forum so everyone is going to tell you to get a EUC:)

If you really only commute in college (between campus buildings?) then a hoverboard might work (if you just don't want to walk). For any serious distances, a EUC is going to be more useful because it goes faster than a brisk walking speed and isn't criminally underpowered like most/all hoverboards. It really depends what exactly you plan to do with the ride.

As far as legality, I would guess that a EUC and a hoverboard (which functionally is just 2 EUCs connected together) will probably have the same legality status - if one works (or not), the other will (or not). You seem to be in California ("ca") so I think you're good there.

• Like 1