AR Nikola+ normal operating temperature?

Can anyone tell me what would be over heating temp? My alarm went off several times today at 140°F. I mean, it's hot outside. But my buddies kingsong 16x had zero issues.. is my alarm set too low or is this correct she can't handle the heat? 

I think it's 65C (about 140F) on all the Nikola 100v wheels. I suspect it's lower than the KS16X because the 16X can vent the heat much easier whereas the Nik is completely sealed. This is great for keeping out dust and keeping the wheel waterproof but does make it harder to get rid of that excess heat. You can't change the cut off temp otherwise the wheel would potentially melt internally. You could just take breaks a little more often. Maybe someone has added an extra fan internally but there's still the issue of where the hot air can go. Fortunately in the UK we don't often get that issue.

Edited by mike_bike_kite

Might have to sell it. Too hot in south Texas. I mean granted it did 50 miles before it started heating up. Idk.. love the wheel but that sucks. 

• Like 1

Is this the wheels alarm itself? Or eucWorld or darknessbots? 

as far as I know, all modern day Gotways/Begode wheels overheat at 79C. when the wheel itself overheats, they’ll both beep and tiltback incessantly, so the rider can’t stand on the wheel anymore.

140 F is like normal operating temperature for spirited riding. A nikola+ can do that all day long. 

Edited by Denny Paul

For Nikolas, I’ve read that overheating temp is 65 C, or 149 F, so for my AR, I keep my alarm at 63 C or 145 F. Try bumping your alarm from 140F to 145F and see if it continues to ring often.

230 pound rider here and mine only rings when I go up a number of steep slopes on a hot day.

I suspect the heat is only going to be on the motherboard side of the wheel. The sides are easily removeable (and replaceable). Could you put an air inlet near the base of the case with a fan blowing out hot air near the top? I don't think it would be a tonne of work. Alternatively, could you replace the existing speakers with fans to remove the hot air? The speakers are already aligned with holes in the case. You might even find just having a hole at the front and a hole at the back near the top might be enough. 

PS1 Any hole would need an air filter over it to stop dust getting in. 

PS2 Putting any hole in your case is going to reduce the Nik's brilliant waterproofing but that might not be an issue in San Antonio.

PS3 I'm only going by what ever read on here and have never even opened the case on my Nik+ :) 

• Like 1