Ex.n lights

Eyesore

Okay... so I am learning.. I dumped pretty hard today and my tailight popped off. Wires and all. I did my best to reattach and can't seem to get it back working (I'm pretty sure I can.... once I further disassemble and maybe re solder some connections, however I noticed that my headlamp won't come on now. And that the Ironman ring is just stuck on... any ideas? Did I knock something loose further down the line? Thanks.

Unfortunately that sounds like the DC power board was damaged, possibly due to a short from when the wires were damaged. the small daughter board connected to the main control board controls all of the lights as well as the USB port and most importantly the cooling fan. If this was damaged it needs to be replaced as soon as possible. I would contact your dealer and see if they have any extras in stock. 

• Like 1

I assume you're comfortable with opening the shell and inspecting inside the wheel, so my suggestion would just be to take a goooood look at the DC power board and make sure none of the pins in the sockets are touching (might have happened when the wires from the light got pulled on during the crash). You might get lucky and have it be a temporary malfunction due to an ongoing short-circuit, but based on anecdotal evidence I would assume you will need to replace the board. Let us know what you find out!

3 minutes ago, Mayhem said:

Suggest looking into getting some of the Clark bumpers for the exn. Pricy but would have saved your lights in this crash. (DO NOT GLUE THEM ON) Those lights pop out very easily as you already experienced. Good luck with the repair. 

Agreed! Day 1 and it looks pretty beat up lol, but hey... I jumped in and am much more comfy than expected already! Aside from the leg bruising.

3 minutes ago, Eyesore said:

Agreed! Day 1 and it looks pretty beat up lol, but hey... I jumped in and am much more comfy than expected already! Aside from the leg bruising.

That’s a rough Day 1 for sure…. And banging up a new wheel isn’t a good feeling either. But hey atleast your ok and hopefully it’s just a bad connector. 

13 hours ago, Arbolest said:

I assume you're comfortable with opening the shell and inspecting inside the wheel, so my suggestion would just be to take a goooood look at the DC power board and make sure none of the pins in the sockets are touching (might have happened when the wires from the light got pulled on during the crash). You might get lucky and have it be a temporary malfunction due to an ongoing short-circuit, but based on anecdotal evidence I would assume you will need to replace the board. Let us know what you find out!

Hey 👋 is the fan supposed to kick in at a certain temperature? If so... do you know a ballpark figure? Thx

Well guys.... I didn't see anything out of place when I had the wheel open, although I will probably need to replace the board around the tail lamp. Any terminology is welcomed here. 

Also thinking that the fan is NOT  working as I rode to 41°f and could not hear the fan kick at all. 

So the DC power board I guess?

That would definitely be my guess, especially with the fan not working. Try contacting your seller and explaining everything you told us. If they agree it's probably the DC power board then see if they can send you a new one to replace so you can avoid having to ship the wheel to them. Good luck!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Arbolest said:

That would definitely be my guess, especially with the fan not working. Try contacting your seller and explaining everything you told us. If they agree it's probably the DC power board then see if they can send you a new one to replace so you can avoid having to ship the wheel to them. Good luck!

Would it be called the driver board? I'm trying to track one down..

1 hour ago, Eyesore said:

Would it be called the driver board? I'm trying to track one down..

Yes, it would be the driver board based on the picture you provided.

2 hours ago, Eyesore said:

Next question... if I keep my temo down... will I mess something up if I keep riding while waiting on parts? 

Thanks again!!

Temprature**

You should be perfectly fine continuing to ride it normally. Just always keep in mind that your fan is not currently working so don't do anything too strenuous with it or you'll get an overheat alarm and it will force you off the wheel (via pedal tilt-back) until it cools down to a safe temperature.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

So... driverboard in tailight and headlamp working.. still don't see the fan kicking... ordered a replacement on aliexpress, hopefully it solves the issue. Can I just use regular silicone to hold connections? Also how T.F. do I play music through my speaker? 

Thanks!

55 minutes ago, Eyesore said:

So... driverboard in tailight and headlamp working.. still don't see the fan kicking... ordered a replacement on aliexpress, hopefully it solves the issue. Can I just use regular silicone to hold connections? Also how T.F. do I play music through my speaker? 

Thanks!

Based on my EXN... you just look for Bluetooth devices on ur phone, switch on the wheel and there will be a name with "Gotway" and "music" in it (also with some other BS characters, probably unique to ur wheel). I.e. there are two possible BT connections, one is "control center" and the other is "speaker".

5 hours ago, KPul said:

Based on my EXN... you just look for Bluetooth devices on ur phone, switch on the wheel and there will be a name with "Gotway" and "music" in it (also with some other BS characters, probably unique to ur wheel). I.e. there are two possible BT connections, one is "control center" and the other is "speaker".

Wondering if I have other issues... my wheel shows and connects for the app, but when I click on it in my Bluetooth settings it says an app is needed.

Update. Everything is working! Fan included. But I still cannot get the Bluetooth speaker to connect?! Thank you Arbolest  Mayhem and anyone else who helped and/or tried to help🙏

Edited by Eyesore
Spelling
  • Like 1

Hey all👋

Still trying to connect my ex.n speakers through Bluetooth. Only one "gotway" connection in my Bluetooth settings, and when click, it says I need an app. I have the begode/gotway app and euc world... have tried to find a way in both of these with no success, any suggestions of what may be happening? Thanks!