S18 and EUC World App Speed Beeps and Tiltback questions

MrH

Using EUC World, one is able to designate on their S18 the specific speeds at which one wants to receive beeps and tiltback.

However, as we all know, speed is only one factor in the voltage equation regarding cutouts -- weight of rider, slope, torque, etc. all play into it.

Does the S18 have built in sensor that will beep and tilt back if you are at the point of overpowering the wheel, or does it simply use the speed settings in EUC world, regardless of the voltage output? 

And, what would be reasonable settings for beeps and tilt back for such a wheel to ensure you can get the most out of it, while getting tilt back to prevent cutout at a high speed? 

Additional question -- how aggressive is the tiltback on the S18? I have hit the beeps once, but not the tiltback. Would it be reasonable to put the tiltback at a low speed to test it and get accustomed to the feel so one can prepare how to handle it at faster speeds?

29 minutes ago, MrH said:

Would it be reasonable to put the tiltback at a low speed to test it and get accustomed to the feel so one can prepare how to handle it at faster speeds?

Definitely a good idea. The overspeed tiltback on my 16x is gentle, and it beeps, but some firmware versions had a pretty aggressive tiltback so it's a really good idea to set the tiltback at a low speed and see what it's like. I'm not brave enough to test an overlean though, I don't practice rolling out cutouts and don't heal quickly enough anymore.

Having talked to an S18 owner that over powered his wheel, it evidently does beep but far too late to help. He was at full speed then tried to accelerate suddenly—and over leaned it.

• Like 1

The overspeed tilt back is gentle when set by the kingsong app, only time I had a big tilt back was when I ran out of juice but by then I was going 5mph max. Not sure if it has a specific sensor or just uses the battery level but the lower the battery gets the lower the indicated top speed on the app. Good idea to test it out at a lower speed as you suggested.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2021 at 7:19 PM, MrH said:

Does the S18 have built in sensor that will beep and tilt back if you are at the point of overpowering the wheel, or does it simply use the speed settings in EUC world, regardless of the voltage output? 

There is separate alarm built into any King Song wheel, that will warn you when you overpower the wheel. Also, as battery level goes down, actual speed limit will go lower, causing the wheel to tiltback before you reach tiltback speed set with EUC World. So you don't have to worry. Of course, if you suddenly overpower the wheel, you might not have time to react as wheel may cut out before you hear any alarm. So know your wheel and its limits.

• Like 2

On 8/23/2021 at 7:19 PM, MrH said:

Additional question -- how aggressive is the tiltback on the S18? I have hit the beeps once, but not the tiltback. Would it be reasonable to put the tiltback at a low speed to test it and get accustomed to the feel so one can prepare how to handle it at faster speeds?

You can benefit from a feature that has been newly introduced in recent EUC World update: speed limit alarm. If this alarm is enabled, when approaching the actual speed limit of your wheel, EUC World will give you early alarm so you can react and avoid getting tiltback. Regardless, getting familiar with your wheel tiltback is a good idea.

• Like 1

On 8/27/2021 at 9:29 AM, Seba said:

There is separate alarm built into any King Song wheel, that will warn you when you overpower the wheel. Also, as battery level goes down, actual speed limit will go lower, causing the wheel to tiltback before you reach tiltback speed set with EUC World. So you don't have to worry. Of course, if you suddenly overpower the wheel, you might not have time to react as wheel may cut out before you hear any alarm. So know your wheel and its limits.

Learned this this weekend. Going to send you a DM with followup question