EUC World - Safety Margin alert on Gotway/Sherman? 2.6, 2.8

If I understand the Safety Margin correctly on Gotway and Veteran Sherman since version 2.6 and up it's supposed to be close to the Gotway 5 beep (80% power) and Sherman beeps (70% power) if set to 20% and 30% respectively is that right?

From my experience however the margins does not match the wheel beeps and the alerts are triggered way before wheel beeps, for instance 20% Safety Margin on my Gotway MSP HT with high battery charge (75%) 19% margin is reached already around 52.2kmh (not aggressive acceleration) and you get an alert, meanwhile at this battery charge the wheel will beep at 58kmh.

Another example Veteran Sherman at 69% battery going 65.7kmh will show a safety margin of 14% and thus the alert will have been triggered long ago if you set it to 30%, meanwhile at that battery charge the wheel will beep around 67kmh and that means 30% power remaining.

This can't be right, am I misunderstanding how this alert is supposed to work? Anyone have similar experience? @Seba?

Edited by Rawnei
  • Like 1

I'd also like clarfification or directed to the posts that explain this in detail. Tbh, I still dont understand how veteran works. I had to set max speed at something like 130mph as the next slowest choice was in the 30's. I guess that means I will be getting ZERO tiltback warnings? I have my safety margin at 30% in eucw, but I routinely see me hitting it in the logs yet have never heard a single peep from the wheel. I fear that as I learn to handle this sherm better, my only REAL safety measure will be gone: The safety of me physically not being able to overpower the wheel.  Its pretty easy to hit 30% margin on a near full battery at 40mph. Im a skinny guy, so I can only imagine a REAL rider with normal ground pressure, is dipping even more into this mysterious margin. Damnit, why couldnt veteran just give us normal choices for tiltback? Kingsong figured it out MANY revisions ago. It aint like intellectual property theft is even a thing in China. No auto shutdown or transport modes either... :furious:

Someday, eventually, maybe, perhaps, i doubt it...  a $3,000+ vehicle will come with literature and options. I mean cmon, a safety beep that cant be heard at even 70% of a vehicles top speed with NO helmet, riding down a quiet 2 lane street? May as well install a damn fingerbell for a car horn. Hell, Seba is more on top of the game than they are, and hes a single man. Of course, I still dont understand eucw for sh*t either... probably a personal failing.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

I routinely see me hitting it in the logs yet have never heard a single peep from the wheel.

safety margin sounds from BT speakers, it has a different sound from the speed alarms

10 hours ago, Rawnei said:

If I understand the Safety Margin correctly on Gotway and Veteran Sherman since version 2.6 and up it's supposed to be close to the Gotway 5 beep (80% power) and Sherman beeps (70% power) if set to 20% and 30% respectively is that right?

yes

10 hours ago, Rawnei said:

From my experience however the margins does not match the wheel beeps and the alerts are triggered way before wheel beeps, for instance 20% Safety Margin on my Gotway MSP HT with high battery charge (75%) 19% margin is reached already around 52.2kmh (not aggressive acceleration) and you get an alert, meanwhile at this battery charge the wheel will beep at 58kmh.

i friend of mine has the same behaviour with the MSP HT and i have the same on the EX, i have set it to 10% on it

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EMA said:

yes

i friend of mine has the same behaviour with the MSP HT and i have the same on the EX, i have set it to 10% on it

If that's the case these alerts doesn't seem very useful since they don't represent actual safety margin of the wheel, I think I will stick to speed alerts only as before.

2 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

If that's the case these alerts doesn't seem very useful since they don't represent actual safety margin of the wheel, I think I will stick to speed alerts only as before.

i think you need to set it properly for every wheel and it will require some time, tbh i'm pretty happy and safe with my 3 speed alarms too ;)

1 hour ago, EMA said:

safety margin sounds from BT speakers, it has a different sound from the speed alarms

oh durr... :facepalm:I should have remembered that. I dont always have my BT speaker on for my sherman, as its just another freaking device to mess with. I almost always do on my ks18xl tho. My patience for addons when it comes to enjoying these wheels, isnt much. Crap, that means I'm depending on the built in alarms for the Sherman, only. Since I guess I've disabled any semblance of tiltback, I wonder at what speeds I'll even get the wheel to beep at me. Damn, I really need to look this stuff up. I've had the sherman since version 1, and eucw even longer.. 

Thanks for pointing out what should have been obvious.  Since the KS wheels let you access the 'horn' from an app (or did), doesnt that mean eucw could utilize the horn as a warning?

Edited by ShanesPlanet

5 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

oh durr... :facepalm:I should have remembered that. I dont always have my BT speaker on for my sherman, as its just another freaking device to mess with. I almost always do on my ks18xl tho. My patience for addons when it comes to enjoying these wheels, isnt much.

i agree, have BT speakers inside the wheel are really useful to me 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seba said:

Safety margin alarm is just an approximation in Gotway/Begode and Veteran wheels, as these wheels doesn't send this value via BT comm. Because of this, safety margin parameter includes some additional margin (~10 %) to factor for wind drag, rolling resistance and other unknowns. So it's normal that with default 20 % setting this alarm will sound before 80 % beep will sound. This is why it's essential to fine tune this alarm to your wheel and riding style. But after tuning, it will work pretty well. Compared to speed alarms alone, adding properly tuned safety margin alarm significantly enhances riding safety. Of course, it's also very important to set correct wheel model, as each wheel has its own characteristics.

How to tune this alarm? Just set it initially to 15 % and go for a ride. Depending on which alarm goes first (wheel beeps or EUCW safety margin alarm), adjust it in a small steps so you'll get situation when the safety alarm and 80 % beeps will sound at roughly the same speed.

Thank you for the explanation, I think I will start at 10% and go from there.

@Seba I think the Safety Margin setting is bugged in latest version of the app, it keeps resetting to default value whenever you connect to the wheel, at least on my MSP HT (Begode Msuper Pro C38) it goes back to 20% every time.

• Like 1

On 8/20/2021 at 10:05 AM, Rawnei said:

@Seba I think the Safety Margin setting is bugged in latest version of the app, it keeps resetting to default value whenever you connect to the wheel, at least on my MSP HT (Begode Msuper Pro C38) it goes back to 20% every time.

Thanks! I'll check it today and update the app.

• Like 1

EUC World 2.8.2 is available for update in Google Play. It fixes problem with safety margin alarm always reverting back to 20 %. Sorry for any inconvenience :)

Edited by Seba
  • Like 3