Can you offer me advice on which EUC to buy?

Hi I am looking for advice on a first EUC.

I have had a short ride on an Inmotion V11 and got up and running (albeit a little wobbly) in about 15 minutes.

I primarily want the wheel for getting around on and general cruising on bike paths. I am quite keen to ride it via cycle paths into town and home. A round trip of 50km, plus the ability to do some longer rides in the weekends.

I might take it on some gravel walkways but not really needing off road capability. I don't want to do stunts or jumps!

I want something that can comfortably cruise at 40km/h and maybe a bit faster as my skills improve and where conditions allow. (And yes I have full armoured motorcycle gear to wear).

I am guessing I want something fairly stable to cruise at these speeds and it seems to me that a larger diameter wheel would be the better choice for cruising.

It rains unpredictably where I live so I need to take that into account. I don't need to be able to ride it through deep puddles but I don't want it to catch a cold when if it rains while I am out and about.

I also don't want to buy something and then decide I need to upgrade it in six months, so would rather buy more than I need now and grow into it.

Recommendations, thoughts and advice please.

• Like 1

It might help if I mention that I currently get around on a Segway Ninebot max electric scooter, but I find its range or 40km a bit less than I need. It cruises at at around 26 to 30km/h depending on battery charge. 

• Like 1

While it does not seem that you have asked for much ....... you have. 

Most boxes are checked by the KS18XL. - rough off road riding but doable. 

Most boxes checked by the S18 and V11. - limited range, easier to overpower/ burn up. Still strong but not as strong as the 18XL. The 18XL is kinda no frills, It tends to be underrated. It does most things well. Not many people are going to aww over it. 

16X would be perfect... except that I am scared of the wheels true abilities at top speed. It should be a 25mph wheel not 30mph. ..... IMO 

Nikola+  - This is another under rated wheel! It is fast and strong. 35mph. It takes a bit of extra skill. People complain about , top heavy and wobbles, this is a skills issue.  Both go away with skills. The wide 16inch tire, top speed and extra batteries give you the best and worst of several options. - Your options are about give and take and future skill level. 

A year from now?? Things change with new wheels. 

RockyTop personal quote, “ I am going to keep my first wheel for at least 3 years before I trade up! “ :roflmao:

• Like 2

I'd agree with RockyTop, The Kingsong 18XL meets all your requirements and is rugged enough to learn on. It's only limitation is it doesn't quite reach 50kmh but that isn't an issue for you (or most people). The Nikola+ would also meet your needs but you might want a protective cover as it has a very glossy shell - it's rugged but it will scratch with typical beginner falls. Another option to look at might be the Inmotion V12.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...