Total blackout mode on the 18XL

I was off to go ride somewhere around midnight in the darkness of rural roads. I turned off the headlight, turned off music and running lights, turned off the droid device, tossed on a black shanesplanet hoodie and wtf??? The damn tail-light won't go out. Is there any way to turn ALL the lights off on this thing? I don't want a red tail light and damn sure dont need it switchnig to a red front light when I roll backwards. Is this a 'safety' feature that I can't disable, without hardware modification?  Can't a man ride in the blanket of darkness with just a vague idea of where the ashpalt is? I guess I could velcro some neoprene over the darn main lights, if i must...:ph34r:

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 3

48 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

I'm sure @Chrissi could make you a "super-stealth" EUC Bodyguard with no holes at all (other than the wheel and handle), if you asked her nicely...   :ph34r:

durr. Or I could just take a piece of scrap she sent and tuck it under the cover where the lights are. Now why didnt that occur to me to being with?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ShanesPlanet said:

durr. Or I could just take a piece of scrap she sent and tuck it under the cover where the lights are. Now why didnt that occur to me to being with?

But that would be "significantly" less aerodynamic... That could shave metres per kilometre off your top speed!   :D

Edited by The Fat Unicyclist
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, FerdinandK said:

You can solve all problems with duct-tape and zip-ties in this case it is clearly duct-tape (black).

@Chrissi threatens me with the same solution all the time. 

I used to laugh, but now that I know it's a thing...

• Like 2