BATTERY FULLY CHARGED AND NO IT DOESN'T SHUT OFF TILL I EITHER GET ON IT OR JUST TIP IT FORWARD TO SEE IF IT WILL DO IT AGAIN. I AM  SCARED TO TRY IT AGAIN SINCE I ALMOST ATE IT TWICE. AT FIRST I THOUGHT IT WAS JUST A FLUKE BUT THE SECOND I DECIDED TO DRAG IT BACK HOME ABOUT A MILE AWAY! 

• 3 weeks later...

My Airwheel S8 has a "safety switch" in the foot pads and also in the seat. There's a start-up beep when the power button is pressed in and a confirmation beep from the system when either of the safety switches is activated. If a switch is stuck and I don't get the second beep, I'm knocked off in an instant.

Do you know if your ride has a similar safety system?

• 3 weeks later...

I have two S5, have not had trouble with either of them in more than a year. I suspect that the battery is failing to supply adequate motor current when you try to move forward. I would take the battery out and put it on the test bench to make sure it is still delivering adequate current... Lithium Ion battery packs are notorious for getting out of balance... Also, take a look at the battery voltage which flashes for a few seconds (on the display) when you first turn the devices on by oressing the remote..

On 8/1/2021 at 12:08 AM, ABEhrhardt said:

I have an Airwheel S8.

I get the first beep when I push the button on the base AND then the button on the remote.

I get the second beep when I sit on it and put a foot up.

Is that what you mean?

THE UNIT POWERS UP AS IT SHOULD BUT WHEN I TIP IT FORWARD TO GO IT SHUTS OFF! I WAS RIDING IT FOR A HALF HOUR. I STOPPED AND LEANED ON A BENCH BECAUSE THE POS KICKSTAND BROKE! WHEN I GOT BACK ON IT THIS PROBLEM STARTED!  I HAVE JUST BEEN RIDING MY MINIPRO SEGWAY INSTEAD TILL I FIGURE THIS OUT! I ALSO CANT GET THE APP TO WORK SO I CAN PUT THE LIGHTS ON!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I think user trevmar is on the right track. The system can power up with a much lower current than required for even the slightest operation. If there is insufficient current, it will drop out, ostensibly to protect the battery. I had a similar problem with my S8 and had to remove the battery. Once removed, I used an R/C charger to individually charge small blocks of cells with balancing. Since that time, all has been working well. I don't think the onboard balancing board is particular effective, allowing the pack to go out of balance over time.

• Like 1

Trevmar says "take a look at the battery voltage which flashes for a few seconds (on the display) when you first turn the devices on by pressing the remote..."

I didn't know that - but will watch for it. I don't have the capacity to remove a battery and charge pieces separately, but I've always wondered why the iPhone app doesn't have a way to check the battery to see if it's charged or how much. You'd think that would be a critical piece of information.