16X Firmware 2.09

ManjaroBlack

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve been running it for a couple weeks… can’t tell any difference. Some of the updates were driven by KS using a new microprocessor and they needed to add compatible code. A brand new wheel with the new micro might be quite different! But I don’t know… “better hand up” isn’t exactly a useful changelog entry.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

“hand up better stop” i suspect means that the handle switch motor stop sensitivity has been improved with 2.09.

The wheel has to be perfectly still (perhaps too still before 2.09) in order for the controller to allow the handle switch to stop the motor.

This is for safety of course, one wouldn’t want a faulty/bumped switch stopping the motor while riding.

My 18l handle cut-off seems less finicky after updating to 2.09. 

Bigest change in FW 2.0.9 is compatibility with deferent internal parts.

Kingong change suplier some internal components(beter or cheaper nobody knows) and this firmware include this change thats all.

How ks16x behavior on FW is dependant on version motherboard.

Same FW have diferent inpact how ride on board 1.4 1.5 1.6 this mean is not objectively comparable.

Example my board is 1.5 and best FW for me is 1.07.(very subjective)

You need respect firmware version what ks16x come with if you FW from factory is 2.0.2 never downgrade to older FW.

This is how kingsong works. 

Hope this help someone :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

Just a general warning with this, I've been able to replicate with two separate brand new 16X that 2.09 firmware does not support unlocking correctly.

This means that if you are using the official kingsong app it will prompt you to upgrade to the latest firmware BEFORE unlocking the wheel (from transport/brand new stock etc), and upgrading to 2.09 firmware means you won't be able to unlock it. 

The fix for this has been to roll back to 2.03, where unlocking works correctly.

• Like 2

Ah HA! Thanks @Brendan "nog3" Halliday. I was fooling around with locking my wheel and had a dickens of a time getting it unlocked. EUCW wouldn't do it, neither would DarknessBot. The KS iOS app did work and I haven't locked it again, but it looks like I'll be backing up to 2.03 (not that I have any particular need to lock the wheel)