Followed a One Wheel around town last evening

First time I’ve seen one live in action. I suppose for the die hard skater/ snowboarder it’s a no brainer. IMHO, the euc is vastly superior. Was fun following though. 
He said drivers are always yelling and blowing their horns at him.

Hasn't happened to me once yet. Maybe it’s that swervey action unnerves them.

• Like 1

Not gonna lie, those things are pretty cool looking. They seem like they’re a good option for the “get up and go” learning curve style if ya didn’t wanna tackle learning an EUC.

• Like 1

Why deosnt futuremotion make an euc? I hopped on a one wheel and would have one, if I hadnt across the euc. For how I view items, the euc was a no brainer. However, I enjoy a OW enough, I wouldnt mind borrowing one from time to time. Prolly wear wrist guards tho...

I also think the euc is very similar to the smooth glide of snowboarding. Snowboarding takes a lot more physical effort and dedication. Euc can be a lazy thing when need be, and no lift fees.. Im also a Southerner, so snowboarding around here is more like ice-boarding 2 months a year. I still dream of Colorado powder sometimes.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 2

I moved to OneWheels after eScooters and still use mine regularly, usually in family rides. I use a battery mod to increase range since its sub 20 mile range mostly.  It’s my best PEV for holding onto a wagon to pull my children around in. I also really like that it’s easy to look back and have a great view of anything approaching me, something I still find limited for me on a EUC. Great for short, low speed casual rides where I don’t want to gear up to much and the terrain isn’t too crazy.

• Like 1

On 6/17/2021 at 12:42 PM, TheSlyGiraffEV said:

I moved to OneWheels after eScooters and still use mine regularly, usually in family rides. I use a battery mod to increase range since its sub 20 mile range mostly.  It’s my best PEV for holding onto a wagon to pull my children around in. I also really like that it’s easy to look back and have a great view of anything approaching me, something I still find limited for me on a EUC. Great for short, low speed casual rides where I don’t want to gear up to much and the terrain isn’t too crazy.

Careful with any battery mod. 

• Like 1

On 6/15/2021 at 5:00 AM, ShanesPlanet said:

I also think the euc is very similar to the smooth glide of snowboarding. 

I grew up downhill skiing,skateboarding, cycling, ice skating, Xc skiing, etc….then when snowboarding came along I had to try that too. Took that up in my late twenties I think. Really liked that cause I always wanted to surf, but never was around the ocean much. Anyway, I got tired of being crossed up with that stance and converted a big ‘ol wide Kemper board to a mono-ski board w/ ski boots and bindings. Really liked the downhill stance on the big board (w/ ski poles).

That’s why I gravitated towards the euc. Symmetrical forward stance. Carving slowly down steeper hills reminds me of downhill skiing. Just got a short ride in before the storm on the 16s. I still like that “little” wheel.
 Yesterday I rode the s18 1.5 mi. up a hiking trail to an overlook I’ve never been to before. Slow technical riding is great fun as well. I’m getting better at hopping off without going down. And the leash saves the wheel from falling or getting away.

Best,

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GothamMike said:

Careful with any battery mod. 

It’s none of the fancier mods people have nowadays...just an older method using the plug and play batteries from cordless power tools (EGO battery) using what they call a “Vamp and Ride” or VnR connection onto the battery on board. It’s not too pretty, but it does the job of adding range and prolonging voltage sag.

I started my PEV journey with a friend's Onewheel Pint. Bought my own, then bought an XR, then bought an Inmotion V10F after going down the Youtube rabbit hole and seeing the EUC light (lol). I still float around my Pint and XR from time to time, but my EUC gets the most attention. Now that I also have an S18, I'm afraid the Pint and the XR will see less street/road time.

Don't get me wrong; Onewheels are FUN especially if you're coming from a skateboarding background like me. While the Pint can be taken off-road, it's not as well suited as the XR due to its smaller tire size. "Floating" around the neighborhood on a Onewheel also has a certain kind of magic to it as well.

• Like 1