How to check what is the battery capacity on MCM5?

Hi!

Just bought used MCM5 v2, supposed to be 800wh version. I've connected it to both EUC world and Wheel log to check the battery but there's no info really. Is there a way to tell which version i've got exactly?

Thanks!

• Like 1

Without opening the wheel I’ve only got a way to narrow it down, it’s not definitive.

Charge it up to full first. Do a lift test, slowly and gently accelerate and note at what speed the beeps first start (with both first and second alarms turned off through the app). Then compare it to the chart I’ve linked. 

1E4CBB51-3592-427C-AE8B-54C0E238D2CD.jpeg 

beyond that, purchase reciepts, or the 800wh sticker on the front, are pretty solid corroborating evidence that it’s likely the right size. Range test will help, should be about 20 miles more or less. You’d have to crack into the wheel and it’s battery pack to be absolutely certain though. 

Edited by Denny Paul
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Denny Paul said:

Without opening the wheel I’ve only got a way to narrow it down, it’s not definitive.

Charge it up to full first. Do a lift test, slowly and gently accelerate and note at what speed the beeps first start (with both first and second alarms turned off through the app). Then compare it to the chart I’ve linked. 

1E4CBB51-3592-427C-AE8B-54C0E238D2CD.jpeg 

beyond that, purchase reciepts, or the 800wh sticker on the front, are pretty solid corroborating evidence that it’s likely the right size. Range test will help, should be about 20 miles more or less. You’d have to crack into the wheel and it’s battery pack to be absolutely certain though. 

Yes, have both sticker and receipt, just got confused by the range, they state MUCH bigger range, I knew it's not realistic, but thought it would be a big bigger still than what I've got. Really nice wheel nevertheless, had a blast going back home from the seller's place through the city of Bangkok, perfect urban commute, e-scooters wouldn't be able to do the things it did yesterday...

• Like 1

I've more short question: the charger light never turns green, even if I see the wheel is fully charged (I think so anyways), should I use the settings in EUC world app to change that? Should I give it more time? The wheel is pretty new, hopefully it's not a fault...

Thanks!

does not turn green long after wheel shows full charge? If true be careful as possible fault could lead to overcharge/fire... investigate but take precautions to mitigate minimize risk.

chk batt voltage with dmm to be sure getting to 84V ( or close)...

7 minutes ago, redsnapper said:

does not turn green long after wheel shows full charge? If true be careful as possible fault could lead to overcharge/fire... investigate but take precautions to mitigate minimize risk.

chk batt voltage with dmm to be sure getting to 84V ( or close)...

Yes, it wasn't turning green after the app was showing 100% charge for like an hour or two, so I've unplugged it fearing it might start burning, but now I've plugged it again, and after about 15 minutes it did turn green! So I guess the app just gives the approximate and I didn't need to panic, but better be safe than sorry...

None of the two apps show that it's charging though, and the wheel is still 'active' when I turn it on with the charger plugged in, is that normal? My previous wheel would switch into charging mode whenever plugged, and wouldn't move.

50 minutes ago, Nnbveh said:

Yes, it wasn't turning green after the app was showing 100% charge for like an hour or two, so I've unplugged it fearing it might start burning, but now I've plugged it again, and after about 15 minutes it did turn green! So I guess the app just gives the approximate and I didn't need to panic, but better be safe than sorry...

None of the two apps show that it's charging though, and the wheel is still 'active' when I turn it on with the charger plugged in, is that normal? My previous wheel would switch into charging mode whenever plugged, and wouldn't move.

Normal

• Like 1

Might seem really ancient tech here but how bout weighing the darn thing? My 800wh M5v2 comes out to be just a hair shy of 17kgs or 37lbs. Don't know bout the other models but I'm purrty sure they're gonna be less. I bet you might be able to find the specs of all the other ones online somewhere if you search hard 'nuff 😉

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/26/2021 at 12:44 PM, Nnbveh said:

Hi!

Just bought used MCM5 v2, supposed to be 800wh version. I've connected it to both EUC world and Wheel log to check the battery but there's no info really. Is there a way to tell which version i've got exactly?

Thanks!

easiest way is to charge it to full, then lift test it. Should be 38-39 mph with a full charge, and I do not believe they built any mcm5 v2s with lower battery capacity than 800Wh. 

12 hours ago, Ben Kim said:

I do not believe they built any mcm5 v2s with lower battery capacity than 800Wh. 

They built as low as 170Wh ones :P

In fact they always had a range of 4 models, single pack 67 & 84v + dual pack 67 & 84v

Aliexpress 462.png

• Like 1