Tours in km instead of miles in eucworld

• Ronin Ryder changed the title to Tours in km instead of miles in eucworld
On 5/18/2021 at 5:26 PM, Ronin Ryder said:

Hello, 

Even though my settings are in mph in eucworld, recorded tours on the website are in km. Is there a way to fix that? Thanks

Sure :) Open "Preferences" menu from the top of the website, then navigate to "Distance and speed" and select "Miles".

• Like 2

Seems I have to redo the settings on the site, everytime I visit and for each tour? Any way to have the csv data in imperial as well? Always confusing when I do overlays. I can get the mph and kmh to convert in my software, but the distance traveled doesnt I dont think temps change either (C/F). Perhaps the settings on the app, could also ping the settings on the site to follow suit, as well as csv logging? I know, im asking a LOT. I should just use km, as it sounds faster and farther... I did toy with the idea of maknig the spreadsheet recalculate it all for me, but my grasp of libre office is very slight.

On a side note. Can the lower bar on main screen, turn another color when live tour is active? Csv lights up, and the gps icon is nifty! I use a long press but it says 'tour start/stop' each time and I have no easy way to know if i just stopped or started one. Opening eucw and simply double tap for csv and long press for tour is all the buttons I like to press.  Maybe you already have a way to ee it on main screen, tho i just cant find it.  I think it may change once you get moving enough a tour starts, but a tiny little asterick or something that shows touring WILL be tracked once moving? thanks @Seba! EUCW main screen with 'always visible volume' down the side with JUST the main data dial and top icons is ftw!

Edited by ShanesPlanet

Try using a different mobile browser. I ran into this exact problem and using a different browser fixed it. I use "Samsung internet" for 95% of my mobile browsing but for some reason - even after setting the preferences to Miles exactly as Seba suggests above - I would have to redo the settings every time I went to the site.

Then I tried using the Chrome browser and signed in - all of my tours now show up in miles. zero issues since.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BecauseFun said:

Try using a different mobile browser. I ran into this exact problem and using a different browser fixed it. I use "Samsung internet" for 95% of my mobile browsing but for some reason - even after setting the preferences to Miles exactly as Seba suggests above - I would have to redo the settings every time I went to the site.

Then I tried using the Chrome browser and signed in - all of my tours now show up in miles. zero issues since.

It may be my browser. I dont use mobile phones or mobile browsers. I am using windows 10 machine and firefox. It could be a cookies thing, but you would suspect the site itself would remember if im logged in when i make the changes.

• Like 1

A lot of people have some version of Adblock enabled, whether it's on mobile or desktop. Maybe that's the issue somehow? I haven't had time to play much with the settings on my main mobile browser, it's just a lot simpler to use the workaround of a different mobile browser and have everything be exactly right. I think having access to detailed tours is one of the very best features of euc world.

I'm currently not running a desktop computer but I would imagine the desktop version of Chrome would play as nicely with the eucworld site as it does on mobile. Here is a link to the portable desktop version of chrome: https://portableapps.com/de/apps/internet/google_chrome_portable

EDIT: Maybe my recent insomnia is causing me to miss something really obvious here but... how are you recording tours with eucworld without a mobile phone?

Edited by BecauseFun
Something else occurred to me
  • Like 1

Lemfo LemT android watch with no sim card. :) I have honestly never used its browser as its so small. Too many years of quad desktop monitors ftw.

Its not a big deal really. Not worth changing web browsers. I DID find a smokin deal on a galaxy S9+ for dedicated sherm use tho. No sim card either. lol

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

It may be my browser. I dont use mobile phones or mobile browsers. I am using windows 10 machine and firefox. It could be a cookies thing, but you would suspect the site itself would remember if im logged in when i make the changes.

Application preferences are independent from preferences set in browser. Website preferences are stored in cookies, so any limitations on cookie storage will impact keeping the settings between browsing sessions. Also some ad-blockers or other browser plugins may cause cookies to be rejected/cleared.

• Like 3