Calgary - Fish Creek Off-road Group Ride Apr 25, 2021

Unipsycho

Hi everyone, if there are others in Calgary area interested in offroad EUC riding, I ride okotoks and fishcreek offroad areas a lot already, they are great training grounds for single track before the kananaskis trails are ready (which is soon!).

Was thinking of a group ride this Thursday, Apr 29, 2021.  Meeting at Glennfield Day Use parking lot, which is at McLeod Trail and Banister road.  6:30 pm   I typically ride around 20-25km and here is a typical route tracked on EUC World.  I'd be happy to meet other times in okotoks, it has another great trail system for offroaders, like this typical area.

I usually ride with a buddy who ebikes, but am curious to meet some other EUC riders who off road or want to learn to offroad.  I'll be getting into kananaskis real soon and West Bragg Creek would be ideal for some more meetups.  I'll be doing some night rides too if that interests anyone.

So, here it is, just comment if you want to join me. Fish creek has lots of alternate pathways so if any offroad sections are too hard for anyone, there are lots of options to take an easier trail to the next intersection and then keep going.  I do try my very best to avoid all pavement when riding...haha.

When:  Thursday, Apr 29, 2021  6:30 pm
Where: Glennfield Day use, fish creek Park.
Who: Any EUC riders interested in offroad riding

VID-20210409-182945-00-002-2021-04-10-09

• Like 2

Well, I will be there if my heel feels OK. I suppose if worse comes to worse, I may depart a little early- so I think the answer is "yes"

After a fight with a car, and a bad landing, my heel is bruised on the sides and I cracked my pedal that was not originally cracked. So one or the other ought to snap in half doing some trails...

Anyhow, Fish creek, 18:30. Check.

pedalcrack2.jpg

1 hour ago, Wren said:

Not sure how much offroad my Mten3 will be able to handle but it sounds like fun, I'll be there :)

There are plenty of pathways and alternate routes around to keep on without getting in the rough, so just take what you can...  See ya thurs!

Thanks guys for coming out on the ride, especially @Wren for driving so far.  After you left I ate some pavement scared up the poor uni a bit :crying:, and left some skin behind but I'll be fine, skin regrows luckily. :) Here are a few pics from the ride!

Greg.jpg

S18-Pair.jpg

Danny.jpg

Scott.jpg

VID-20210429-185319-00-002-2021-04-29-22

VID-20210429-185520-00-003-2021-04-29-22

VID-20210429-190929-00-005-2021-04-29-23

VID-20210429-190929-00-005-2021-04-29-23

VID-20210429-195411-00-006-2021-04-29-23

• Like 1

Nice photos! It was great to meet everyone and do some more off-road trail riding. Really fun and interesting to ride in a group, the atmosphere is totally different than when I'm riding by myself.

• Like 1

Thanks Wren, it was fun for sure.  I usually ride with a couple of mountain bikers so I'm used to group riding, just not other EUCers! Glad you came out, I've riden another couple times in the various offroad sections of the fishcreek and am ready to head out to the mountains for some trails now too!

• 1 month later...

There'll be a bunch of guys from Edmonton travelling down to Red Deer on Saturday June 19th. We'd love it if some folks from Southern AB could make it out.

We'll be arriving around 9:30am and leaving around 6pm with a BBQ thing happening in the middle somewhere.

We'll have some hardcore guys and some casual riders as well, hopefully it'll be a good day for everyone.

• Like 1

While I'll probably be hauling up some mountain in kananaskis on my euc (every saturday now) I'll keep that in mind, as I also want to get to innisfail for some morning paramotor flying, so maybe that day would work for both.  I've never ridden Red Deer but would be very interested in what might be there for offroad trails (as that's all I ride) Thanks for letting me / us know. 

8 hours ago, Unipsycho said:

While I'll probably be hauling up some mountain in kananaskis on my euc (every saturday now) I'll keep that in mind, as I also want to get to innisfail for some morning paramotor flying, so maybe that day would work for both.  I've never ridden Red Deer but would be very interested in what might be there for offroad trails (as that's all I ride) Thanks for letting me / us know. 

It'd be awesome if you could make it out, even for a bit of it. I'll be checking out some of the off-road stuff in Red Deer on Monday. I'm expecting most of these guys to be coming:

Edited by winterwheel
added video
  • Like 1