EUC World - odd motor temperature readings

I'm curious if this is a BT problem, or something is loose on my wheel... for the most part temperature seems quite ordinary, but there are these odd spots where the temperature decides to bounce between 0 and full scale (maybe full scale, I don't know what full scale is). Any ideas? The wheel is a KS16XS, firmware 2.03. All other readings are stable throughout, and seem to be normal.

NOTE: the chart and numbers are from different sections of the tour, I used the chart section so the scale would be included and the numbers are from later in the tour

image.thumb.png.198489076f615e9c321dc7445025f4e6.pngimage.png.bd646ebabf440e7942388d3cc296a331.png

Edited by Tawpie
add firmware version and note on chart/numbers

There's probably intermittent problem in motor temperature sensor circut. It may be the sensor itself, it may be also a problem with motor wiring (temperature sensor wires are part of Hall sensor cable assembly). Also, it may be a problem with mainboard.

• Like 1

Thanks @Seba. I'll reseat the hall sensor cable connections and see what happens. The latching clip on that connector was siliconed shut and it's always possible that a sliver of silicone ended up in the connector. Fingers crossed it's simple like that. Mainboard problem is also possible, changing it for a replacement is the reason the rest of the cables were disconnected...

• Like 1

It is interesting to note that the HUGE spikes happened on big altitude gains where temp would normally go up, but at a much higher scale.  Does it also happen on the straights as well?  May be significant, because it may give more merit to the circuits that measure temp and not just cabling.

edit:Also happening on big amp spikes of the hill, when voltage dips down.

edit again:  Makes most sense to check wires involved in the board swap first like you said, I had car wiring issue where 12 volts worked, cabin lights would turn on, but under load a bad connector caused the starter to not turn over and fire.

Edited by Rich Sam
another train of thought
  • Like 1

I'm on the "it's a dodgy connection" side of the fence... it also reads 0 degrees C which makes me think it's getting corrupt message packets (I2C?) since neither the high nor low makes any sense. Good thing I replaced the screws with hex heads, it makes the teardown 'tedious' instead of a nail biter. But meantime, I'm hoping the controller doesn't suddenly decide my motor has turned into a pool of molten goo and that there's no sense continuing to supply it with electricity... it hasn't done that so far. :efef27703d:

Edited by Tawpie

• 5 months later...