KingSong S18 External Battery?

5Cauac

Does anyone know if we will ever see the external battery option that was promised for the S18??

And how would that work? Id figured maybe a battery pack upgrade since you can easily swap them out but I don't know much about batteries and if it's possible to squeeze in more power into the same size battery pack.

S18S-vs-V11.jpg

No, no and no.

the batteries are the size they are.. so ”upgrading” the battery packa is not an option.

KS already has an external pack.. but that is like using a power bank for your cellphone. Good for trickle charging when you can’t find an outlet but not usable while riding.

if you want/need more capacoty for the s-18 then look at Lukas S-18xXL project where he adds to more of the smaller batter packs of the S-18 tothe mix.

• Like 1

Ya I thought so, too bad. :(

I did see Lukas video back when he first posted it. Didn't he say would make a kit? That would be sweet. I wouldn't mind getting just a bit of extra range out of the S18.

His other mods are pretty cool too.

Thanks.

8 hours ago, 5Cauac said:

Ya I thought so, too bad. :(

I did see Lukas video back when he first posted it. Didn't he say would make a kit? That would be sweet. I wouldn't mind getting just a bit of extra range out of the S18.

His other mods are pretty cool too.

Thanks.

Yeah, his S-18XL project is cool for sure. I am comfortable doing any mechanical modifications to my wheel but when it comes to electrical, then things become a bit sketchy... you really have to know what to do. I have a couple of electrical engineers at the office that I could get to help me, so this project is something I will definitely look into.. would be great though if Lukaz would have the kit and a step-by-step "guide" how the batteries would need to be wired.

The S-18 has 4 battery packs physical battery packs, two larger ones with 84volts and two smaller ones with 42 volts each that are "combined" into "one" 84v, so essentially it has "3 battery packs". His mod takes two additional of these 42v packs and creates a 4th 84V pack.

The packs can probably be sourced from a KS dealer --> Lukaz should make a business out of this and sell the additional wiring needed. Best would be to include the right plugs as well so that the added batteries would simply be "plugged" in. And ofcourse together with the instructions and 3D printed covers.

I so wish I had a 3D printer... there is soo much cool shit that one could fabricate with it.

• Like 1