V11 tiltback reasons

3putthater

I know you get tiltback at your preset max speed. I believe also tiltback on overheat. What about overpower? I had a few times looking back that I hit 2600 watts..... my max speed is set at 25mph but hilly area and accelerating. I weigh about 205 geared up. Will it tilt back before face plant?  (I’ve never seen temperature at all hot-but I haven’t ridden in summer heat yet)

Edited by 3putthater

7 hours ago, Ádám Szitás said:

2600 is pretty far, I've hit more than 4300 a number of times already without any problem. Yes it can tilt back before the set speed, if you are trying to overpower.

I’m curious too. So as I understand it riding being heavier and hard up a hill can cause and overpower, just like using power pads and leaning into them extremely hard right?

Just to confirm, you’re saying that in both of these scenarios there’s a tilt back AND an overpower alarm?

id be a lot more inclined to really wrench on the wheel if so!

4 hours ago, Denny Paul said:

I’m curious too. So as I understand it riding being heavier and hard up a hill can cause and overpower, just like using power pads and leaning into them extremely hard right?

Just to confirm, you’re saying that in both of these scenarios there’s a tilt back AND an overpower alarm?

id be a lot more inclined to really wrench on the wheel if so!

yeah, it will tell you to get off :D easy way to see it is to push it into a curb or whatever with low pedal sensitivity and you can see it struggling then slowly after it will tilt back and tell you to get off

• 3 years later...

Don't suppose anyone's heard of a wheel tilting a rider off and then taking off on its own at max speed till it overpowers and cuts off...

My V11 hasn't been ridden for a few months,    loaned it to a mate,   he connected to it with EUC World for the ride.     He had a couple of small falls - getting used to a new wheel and the suspension was way to hard for someone his weight,   but yeah,  45mins or more into the ride,  it tilted back till he fell off the back and it took off through the bush till it overpowered and cut-off.

I'd have thought it a tall tale,  and maybe he overpowered it by his actions...   but when I turned it back on,  it tilted back hard and then sped up till it cut out.   That time I had my hands on it so I just picked it up.    I noticed the bluetooth light on even after it had cut off,   so I got him to disconnect and turn off his BT.    I connected to it with my phone,  went into the app,   did a motor calibration (cos,  why not,  and to establish expected control) and it did that fine, so I rode it,  and it rode fine.    He rode it a couple of km's till we could get somewhere to put him and the wheel in an Uber,  cos,  he broke his wrist in the fall.    Not good.
Not sure what I can do to test other than just gear up and ride,   but its not getting ridden a lot because,  well I've got a Lynx now.    I just want to be confident if I lend the V11 to anyone else it'll not try and kill them too...

Thoughts?

1 hour ago, t0me said:

I just want to be confident if I lend the V11 to anyone else it'll not try and kill them too...

I don't think you can rule out that happening again, alas. It has already proved itself not to be a one-off, and that's a particularly horrible error for a wheel to have, especially one ridden in an urban / public setting.

• Like 1