What voltage should I be seeing at the packs fully charged?

RetroThruster

I was getting a 95% reading after my charger turned off on the EUC World app, I've now measured the packs individually and one is 98.5 and the other is 98.6, does this sound right?

EDIT: Just checked again, they're both at 98.6

Edited by RetroThruster

Okay, when I first asked the question, the Sherman charger was green as if it were fully charged, I then tried my Nikola charger and it started charging, I then unplugged the Nik charger and tried the Sherm charger, it too started charging the wheel, not sure why it decided to start charging but in the end, after charging and confirming with both chargers that it's fully charged, I'm reading 100 volts on each pack (but only 95% charged and 98.9 volts on the EUC World app which is normal, I guess).

You measured no load output voltages of both chargers?

5 hours ago, RetroThruster said:

I then tried my Nikola charger and it started charging, I then unplugged the Nik charger and tried the Sherm charger, it too started charging the wheel, not sure why it decided to start charging but in the end, after charging and confirming with both chargers that it's fully charged, I'm reading 100 volts on each pack (but only 95% charged and 98.9 volts on the EUC World app which is normal, I guess).

Euc World shows whatever the wheel is reporting - and the internal voltage measurement is normally not the most accurate. 1V at 100V is just 1% off...

Your multimeter is presumably worse than +/-0.5%?

Most wheels are "cheating' and have a "quite wide" 100% range to not reveal the "inaccurate" charger max voltages/battery voltage measurement.

Could be that veterans have no such 100% range?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Chriull said:

You measured no load output voltages of both chargers?

Euc World shows whatever the wheel is reporting - and the internal voltage measurement is normally not the most accurate. 1V at 100V is just 1% off...

Your multimeter is presumably worse than +/-0.5%?

Most wheels are "cheating' and have a "quite wide" 100% range to not reveal the "inaccurate" charger max voltages/battery voltage measurement.

Could be that veterans have no such 100% range?

No, no one mentioned that, I'm still new at all this.  Drew at eWheels confirmed that 100.0 volts is fine and that a 95% charge state per EUC-W is normal when in reality it's 100%.  I get a reading of 98.9 volts on the EUC app vs 100.0 on my meter at the plugs of each pack.

• 1 month later...

sherman made 28.1.2021 report after full charge by original charger 100,7V eucwrold same 100,7V just for info.

Checked by long press OK(advanced menu) buton and app actual/fresh version eucworld (i am betatester eucworld)

my smart charger and stock MSP charger have same 100,7 sometime 100,8V after charge. 

After some time(30+min) charging report 100,3 to 100,5 Voltage

I not open euc becasue my seler have stupid rules open euc= lost waranty 

8 hours ago, DjPanJan said:

my smart charger and stock MSP charger have same 100,7 sometime 100,8V after charge. 

After some time(30+min) charging report 100,3 to 100,5 Voltage

The voltage drop should be normal, @Chriull did the math and it is within what cell specs indicate (about 0,5V for 24S).

In my experience the next 0,5V also goes fairly quickly when powering on the wheel and rolling it around a bit.

I like the 18XLs Samsung better in that regard, they have 0 measured Voltage drop after charge.

Edited by null
  • Like 3