What Car/Hybrid/Truck do you like and why?

GothamMike

LOTS of vehicles can power an inverter. You may need a larger alternator for some, but as long as you aint charging masive wheels quickly...   My vote goes to the 1992 toyota camry 5-speed. You can fit 4 adults and at least 8 wheels in one.

• Like 3

My favorite of all time: 1989 Dodge Cummins 1 ton, not dual, 5 speed manual ex-ranch diesel truck. I had to sell her with almost half a million miles on it. I put on around 350000 miles in it. Very sad day. It got around 15-18 mpg heavily loaded, 3000 pound cab-over camper on its back, and 25-27 mpg unloaded. Went everywhere and did everything. A least where it could fit! Next all round favorite: 2002 Forester. That car did everything I wanted. Plain yet very reliable and faithful in all conditions. Peace...Guy

On 2/10/2021 at 8:15 PM, ShanesPlanet said:

LOTS of vehicles can power an inverter. You may need a larger alternator for some, but as long as you aint charging masive wheels quickly...   My vote goes to the 1992 toyota camry 5-speed. You can fit 4 adults and at least 8 wheels in one.

On 2/11/2021 at 3:50 AM, Guy said:

My favorite of all time: 1989 Dodge Cummins 1 ton, not dual, 5 speed manual ex-ranch diesel truck. I had to sell her with almost half a million miles on it. I put on around 350000 miles in it. Very sad day. It got around 15-18 mpg heavily loaded, 3000 pound cab-over camper on its back, and 25-27 mpg unloaded. Went everywhere and did everything. A least where it could fit! Next all round favorite: 2002 Forester. That car did everything I wanted. Plain yet very reliable and faithful in all conditions. Peace...Guy

Another benefit of manual shift vehicles they seem to be theft deterrent. Most people are either incapable or just refuse to drive them. I will always prefer them. As far as inverters go Amazon and other retailers have them at various outputs and prices. I have a 500 watt pure sine from Amazon. It can be hard wired, alligator clipped, or dc power hookup (cigarette lighter) for input. I use it for my Gotway RS, Mten3, and Onewheel Pint. The RS has the highest draw charger. It's 300 watts. I use the standard one. The fast charger for the RS is 500 watts.

• Like 1