Kingsong bricked shortly after upgrading firmware (seeking advise)

Nimbus2000

I'm looking for advise on repairing my 16x. Yesterday I was out on the wheel practicing some tricks. I went to do a 180 pivot and the wheel shut off and will no longer turn on. If I try turning it on there is occasionally a beep with a red light flash on the side leds and I hear the fan kick on for a brief moment. However it only stays on for .25 seconds and then it shuts off completely. I opened the wheel up and apart from a bit of dust ingress the board looks fully in tact and when I do get it to turn on for .25 seconds the board has several led light indicators that turn on. Also if I unplug the batteries ill still get the wheel to turn on once, witch leads me to believe that the battery is reaching the capacitors but not connected to the board properly?

Hi - you checked the fuses? And the tyre turns without resistance when turned off?

Maybe one or both battery packs are latched by the overcurrent protection - which should normally about never kick in? Then it should be reset by plugging the packs to the charger.

Edited by Chriull
  • Like 1

The tire does turn without resistance. What do you mean by plugging the packs to the charger? Like just plug the wheel in normally? That was the first thing I tried with no such luck.

Edited by Nimbus2000
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nimbus2000 said:

The tire does turn without resistance. What do you mean by plugging the packs to the charger? Like just plug the wheel in normally? That was the first thing I tried with no such luck.

Then the fuses would be worth checking and if both battery packs provide voltage.

Although ?some? wheels work with just one pack...

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Chriull said:

Then the fuses would be worth checking and if both battery packs provide voltage.

Although ?some? wheels work with just one pack...

Yeah it looks like there's some dis coloration under the weather proof coating around the fuses

3 minutes ago, Nimbus2000 said:

Going to pick up some fuses first thing tommarow and I will report back

Maybe you could try it with both packs alone,if it works with just one, too.

... but that's just guessing - don't know too much details of ks16x :(

UPDATE: I swapped my fuses and my 16x came back to life! I downgraded my firmware to 1.07 since I never had any problems with that firmware. Gonna take it easy for the next 50 miles to make sure there are no other issues

• Like 2