Preventing flat tires

mrclean09

I use something called RideOn, they claim it doesn't dry out but that's marketing speak so I don't entirely believe it. But they did sell me some "scratch and dent" bottles ??!? for half price (the labels were garfed up). No flats yet but that's pretty meaningless... it's insurance against the unseen.

I slime all my wheels, @Marty Backe's fault from that very same video he just posted. I always replace tubes and tires at the same time since I already did the work to remove the tire so I've never had slime dry up. Pulled thorns and other junk out of the tires before and it worked great. 

I also think it helps balance the tire like tire beads on a semi, but I have no proof of this other than the wheels feeling more balanced with sealant in them. 

On 1/20/2021 at 3:01 PM, Tawpie said:

I use something called RideOn, they claim it doesn't dry out but that's marketing speak so I don't entirely believe it. But they did sell me some "scratch and dent" bottles ??!? for half price (the labels were garfed up). No flats yet but that's pretty meaningless... it's insurance against the unseen.

Your skepticism is well-placed.  We cannot be certain, but most likely the bottles were damaged when the flat-tire-prevention company's truck got a flat tire and ran off a cliff.

• Like 1

On 1/20/2021 at 12:18 PM, mrclean09 said:

Does anyone use any type of tire sealant in their EUC's?  Something like green slime or Armor-Dilloz?

I've used green slime.  No idea whether it works.  I used about 3 oz, a little less than half of an 8 oz Slime-for-tubed-bicycles bottle.