Inmotion v11 please repair login error on battery

Derek

Has anyone had this problem? It will randomly say please repair and tilt back very aggressively at random times. Sometimes it will give the message about one of the batteries having a login failure and then other times it will read that both batteries are working properly and outputting the same voltage

I just tried plugging my wheel in and my charging block stays green and I used my buddies V11 charger and his was red like it’s supposed to be while charging

Edited by Derek

I highly suggest you reach out to your dealer and/or Inmotion (e.g. their Telegram channel). And you should put it aside and not ride it for now. It sounds as if there is something wrong going on with batteries or electronic in your V11 and you risk a fall if the batteries gives up in the wrong moment. Thinking about it, I wouldn't even charge it until you know more - if there is something seriously wrong with some of the battery cells, charging could lead to fire.

I too have experienced this problem just yesterday. My V11 (delivered 12/2020) is doing the exact same thing except sometimes it tilts forward in addition to backwards. If I leave it in the on position and hold it steady it will tilt either way and then return to normal at random. I ran a diagnostic and in deed it says battery failure. I contacted my supplier eWheels (love them) and was told to upload the diagnostic log and they opened a case on the serial number. I’m told we should hear an answer back from IM HQ tomorrow on what procedure to perform on the Wheel. I’ll let you know when hear any information. Ryan 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got a replacement set of V11 batteries. Since installing them I have not had any issue with the wheel telling me “please repair”. I don’t understand how a brand new battery pack with only 123 miles on it all of the sudden fails to work., but with any newly developed product there is bound to be bugs. All the more reason to buy from a dealer with a warranty. EWheels techs have been awesome helping me through. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Ryan said:

I don’t understand how a brand new battery pack with only 123 miles on it all of the sudden fails to work., but with any newly developed product there is bound to be bugs.

Might be the BMS (battery management system). A small mosfet or other part can fail, or there might be a loose connection somewhere. If something like that happens, it happens right away (on the first real stressing) - just like a board with a subpar mosfet would likely fail right away, not later.

Or it's a bad cell. That failure would also happen rather sooner than later if a cell compromised to begin with.

It's probably more about a lack of quality control/cheap components instead of being a new product. That's typical for all EUC companies. But the good news here is: now that you've got the teething issues out of the way (unless the new battery also doesn't like you) you can very much expect your wheel to be problem-free from now on:) Failures tend to happen soon or not at all.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2021 at 2:11 PM, Derek said:

Has anyone had this problem? It will randomly say please repair and tilt back very aggressively at random times. Sometimes it will give the message about one of the batteries having a login failure and then other times it will read that both batteries are working properly and outputting the same voltage

I just tried plugging my wheel in and my charging block stays green and I used my buddies V11 charger and his was red like it’s supposed to be while charging

Have you sent the details to our distributor or service center (service@imscv.com)?

Sometimes, it might be the voltage difference of the two batteries that causes the problem. It can be fixed by calibrating the voltage through remote control mode in the app.

• 2 years later...

This must happened to me as well, on s very steep downhill street. I thought I was going to crash. When I got to the bottom, and tilted the V11 back and forth, the warning stopped and the wheel self- balancing returned. What was the eventual result for the OP?