My V11 has died

Justin4462

Hi, my V11 has died and is completely unresponsive.

The fault occurred when I  picked up the wheel without the lift sensor activating and the wheel spun up to speed. I've then put the wheel down while it was still spinning and the wheel died.

So now I've got a dead v11 and a burn out near my front door.

I've left a message with my dealer but is there anything else I can do?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

Welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear about your V11.

Does the tire rotate freely if you spin it by hand?

Does the wheel take a charge?

Hi mrelwood,

The wheel  movement is jittery and the V11 unresponsive to being plugged in to the charger. The V11 was fresh off the charger, I was carrying it out of the house for a ride when it happened.

The jittery wheel (while powered off) makes it a sure case of a short in the motor power line, meaning that either the mosfets or (more rarely) the motor cables fried.

I don’t understand how it would be even possible to happen in the situation you described.

I think all you can do now is to prepare to the seller shipping you a new main board. You’d need to replace it by yourself. Unless you have the possibility to ship the wheel to the seller.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/191492520@N03/50743252441/in/dateposted-public/

The circled pair of mosfets are shorted.

My dealer is sending me his spare board  and I've made him a short video for the warranty claim 👍.

Having done some reading, I'm guessing the sudden slowing of the wheel when I  put it down, caused the back EMF to drop faster than what the control board was expecting / could handle letting high current through the mosfets.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Justin4462 said:

Having done some reading, I'm guessing the sudden slowing of the wheel when I  put it down, caused the back EMF to drop faster than what the control board was expecting / could handle letting high current through the mosfets.

That does indeed sound like what happened. The point is, it shouldn't. Concerning.

Wheels can stop dead then suddenly start again when jumping for example.

• Like 1