KS-16XS spins out of control when I pick up via trolley handle?

runramrom

Either your lift sensor is turned off in the app (most? apps can do that), or the lift sensor is broken. Now if it’s on and you set it in a stand so the wheel isn’t touching the ground and you let go of the trolly handle, it’ll spin up to its max free spin speed then the over speed safety will shut it down. That’s normal—the wheel is trying to balance.

Edited by Tawpie

Right i put it into stand, then it spins out of control. So much that the stand basically cracks/breaks a little bit more. 

The stand is a cheap piece of plastic i paid about 40 on eBay for. 

Recommendations for a good stand for a 

KS-16X or XS specifically.  

Thank you!

12 hours ago, runramrom said:

Another thing is I believe in the EUC World

App there is a setting that says lift handle and motor turns off. Maybe thats what I want?

That's not what you want, because there will often be times you want the wheel to stay on when in the air (such as a drop off a curb), or on when the trolley is extended.

However, some wheels do have a trigger. Those that don't can still be picked up with some practice by pinching the handle so the wheel self-balances in the air, but of course you might be limited by your pinch grip strength

There are pressure switches  at the base of the trolley handle that detect if the wheel is picked up. The setting in the app has nothing to do with the wheel being in the air or not. If you set the wheel to not spin when lifted, this will only happen when the wheel is lifted by the trolley handle (not when you are airborne on a drop)... I am pretty sure there is code in the firmware to check if the wheel is in motion before disabling the self balance so that even if it malfunctions (detects a lift) it will not interrupt self balance while moving. But others can chime in on this... But this is a setting in the app ( something like disable motor on lift etc.)...

• 2 years later...
On 12/16/2020 at 6:49 PM, redsnapper said:

There are pressure switches  at the base of the trolley handle that detect if the wheel is picked up. The setting in the app has nothing to do with the wheel being in the air or not. If you set the wheel to not spin when lifted, this will only happen when the wheel is lifted by the trolley handle (not when you are airborne on a drop)... I am pretty sure there is code in the firmware to check if the wheel is in motion before disabling the self balance so that even if it malfunctions (detects a lift) it will not interrupt self balance while moving. But others can chime in on this... But this is a setting in the app ( something like disable motor on lift etc.)...

Thanks to your explanation. I checked it out on my EUC and I found that switches. In my cause probably the malfunctions of that switches is causing some thought vibration when I try to lift it (when I'm ridding there is no problem), possibly the motor turn on and off fast and causing that vibrations.