How often should I take the Solowheel Glide3 out for a spin during these COVID times for battery exercise?

owheely

Back pre-COVID, my Glide 3 was my daily commuter. Since COVID and permanent telework...not at all.

During the warm weather months I'd take it out for a brief spin once a week or so.

But now with weather turning cold I have fewer and fewer reasons to use it.

Been sitting for weeks.

I can't imagine that's good for the battery.

What kind of schedule should I set up for taking it out? e.g. Every how many days? How many miles/minutes?

I don't want the battery to go to waste.

Edited by owheely
title

• owheely changed the title to How often should I take the Solowheel Glide3 out for a spin during these COVID times for battery exercise?

Hi from Guy in Maine. I rode my V8/Glide3 all throughout the year. In the winter, I could not ride it every day yet I did when I thought there was less to little ice. It was fine. When my wheel did sit, I would top charge every once in a while, every two weeks or so, like my 94 Miata battery while sits in the basement all winter while the Miata hides under its two car cover await late spring. This winter I have my 2.7 kWh Nik+ also. I will use the Nik until winter switches me over to the V8. I don't need the Nik's great range and speed in the winter. Also the V8 has around 3000 miles on it so any falls the V8 will take in stride as it always has. Peace...Guy

10 hours ago, owheely said:

Been sitting for weeks.

I can't imagine that's good for the battery.

The batteries don't care. In contrary - sitting at lower temperatures with some medium voltage (state of charge) doing absolutely nothing is what they like most!

They should just not loose too much charge - once they are empty for too long they're dead!

• Like 1