Go Wheels Canada

FreeFlyMike

On 5/13/2021 at 6:47 PM, winterwheel said:

You guys should come out to one of our Sunday rides. They are geared to all types of wheels and abilities -- a big wheel or lots of experience not needed. We won't be going this weekend (pandemic restrictions) but they should be resuming May 23. Noon at Ritchie Community League we hang at the outdoor rink, do demos, do some cone stuff, try out wheels etc. I bring out the S-18 and EX to these and there's often a V11 or two if you're wanting to try out suspension. Usually there's at least one Sherman as well.

At 1:15 or so we do a 20-25km (usually, all depends who shows on the day) gentle ride in the river valley with lots of breaks.

When you're ready for speed/range runs or technical rides, these go on Saturdays, but you'll need some experience and a robust wheel for those.

Did these restart? This Sunday is a rare one where there's no Drone race, so I can actually make it

One more week. Officially we're not supposed to do meets etc. until after Tuesday, although there will be few of us informally visiting the Terwilligar park mountain bike trails today. Next week Sunday, back to the regular schedule.

• 2 weeks later...

I've mentioned it in the Group Rides topic but in case there are people here who don't follow that, there is a group ride in Red Deer happening next Saturday (June 19th). It'll be an all day event with rides for different skill levels and a bit of a BBQ in there as well. Folks from Edmonton can drive or we have chartered a bus, $50/person. We're hoping to see a few wheel-folk from Southern Alberta as well.

• Like 1

Thanks, would be cool if I can get there (usually in the mountains though riding saturdays, so we'll see).  I saw it lists the ride at 1:15PM so is that the meet time, and where at?  Can you post a pin, couldn't find the details.

7 hours ago, Unipsycho said:

Thanks, would be cool if I can get there (usually in the mountains though riding saturdays, so we'll see).  I saw it lists the ride at 1:15PM so is that the meet time, and where at?  Can you post a pin, couldn't find the details.

We'll be going all day... arriving at around 9:30am, leaving at 6pm, BBQ etc. The actual meet point will be finalized Monday, I'm going down for a second tour to finalize the specific meet point; it has to be a place that can act as anchor for us to keep coming back to all day. So if you come out at any point during the day we'll be there. We use WhatsApp to communicate, I can hook you into that if you like.

Copied from elsewhere...

Here is a FB link to the particulars for the Red Deer event, this Saturday June 19th. The event runs from 9:30am to 6pm, although we expect a fair number of people to come for just the afternoon session. There will be a large group ride / photo op at 1:30pm. Other times people can split up into subgroups and do paths/trails and whatnot that fit their abilities, interests, and devices types. 

We've opened it to all PEV types.

The location is the Alberta Sports Hall of Fame, we've booked some of their space to use as a hang out area, recharge spot.

https://fb.me/e/15Ndnxk04

• 6 months later...

Just another positive plug for GoWheels. 

I reached out to Mike in early November about the V12. I knew that there were issues with getting them in and that the second shipment had been delayed. Once he had lined up some for his shop, he reached out to me and told me that they were available for purchase. I had been doing my homework on here and had narrowed my search to the V12 so I jumped at it. 

Cut to today, got a msg that it was available for pickup. It arrived in perfect condition, and just in time for the new year.

Now it's charging and I've been playing with all the settings and configurations. 

LJj2RY3.jpg

Thanks again Mike!!

Edited by Sympul
  • Like 1