Mten3 510wh 84V overheating problem?

I have an Mten3 84V and whenever I ride it also using the EUC world app at 4 KM it gets to 60 degrees temperature, I am reluctant to open it up but before I send it in for repairs I am wondering what is the max temperature for the Mten3 to operate at and or if anyone has experience with the same problems

I am in Australia where the average weather temperature is between 25 and 35 degrees (Celsius) and where I ride there are a lot of hills so im also curious to know if this is normal for the Mten3 to get to this temp so quick.

Thanks in advance for any advice

• 2 weeks later...

60°C is a normal, not-harmful temperature.

The wheel will beep and tilt at a temperature around 75°C.

MTen is a tiny machine, a mighty lunchbox, don't expect it to climb mountains for you...

There is a fan inside easily visible- you could check that it's spinning freely and turns on when the wheel is on. A good way to make it turn on is gently warming the board with a hairdryer while the wheel is resting on its side.

ACtC-3dSoETlCu9nMwi13tWCJw4_aWcoQHM9Eg4kwIkIyFc6fqs2-ke9acCQm1ui6a4VuX9D_ueePyCkhWMzCb-NZKQ4VWDyBEhQnhUoSZOVYViPdPCNQ_PLdXYeDhhr3DnKyOUrG6793M6J0T6nPLG7i8c1aA=w1323-h993-no?authuser=0

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 67V and was riding it this morning. I don’t know why but I launched Darknessbot and the indicator was in the yellow and it read 98 degrees. I’ve never noticed it before and I rarely use Darknessbot. It freaked me out and I stopped. Not sure what to do, it’s 6 months old. I’m riding indoors on the factory floor at 4-7 mph. Just a little ride before work. No beeps, no tilt back. Could the fan have died? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2020 at 2:48 PM, WreckageRider said:

I have an Mten3 84V and whenever I ride it also using the EUC world app at 4 KM it gets to 60 degrees temperature, I am reluctant to open it up but before I send it in for repairs I am wondering what is the max temperature for the Mten3 to operate at and or if anyone has experience with the same problems

I am in Australia where the average weather temperature is between 25 and 35 degrees (Celsius) and where I ride there are a lot of hills so im also curious to know if this is normal for the Mten3 to get to this temp so quick.

Thanks in advance for any advice

yes, and the heavier you are, the faster the board will heat up as well. Would not buy this wheel if you weigh more than 65-70kg. I weigh 80 kg and the axle snapped on me after 1000 km (never jumped this wheel) 

• Like 1