Gotway Monster V3 problems | Super Disappointed.

Hey guys.

I have the worst luck. So i ordered a Monster V3 almost 5 months ago now from my dealer. He didn't have any in stock as they're not too popular here, so I got it on backorder and he ordered it directly from Gotway. As covid was just starting up, i was expecting a fair bit of a wait time. But i didn't expect 5 months, with them announcing 3 new wheels in the process and shipping demos all over the place as well, as my wheel just sat in limbo. But i waited. I was as patient as can be. 

So fast forward, my wheel finally comes. I just had a bad feeling. I couldn't even get excited. I take it out for a spin around the block and the battery sag is ridiculous. I figure its because i havent done a full charge yet and its cold, so i take it home and plug it in. It goes green a time later, which felt kinda fast, but i was like, whatever. I gear up, head outside, connect euc world. 75% battery??? I take it back inside, plug it in, full...uhh... So i'll skip all the boring stuff, it was a pack with dead cells. Had to open the thing up, check each battery, try to charge them all, isolated the pack. Sent all the proof needed to my dealer and then re connected the 2 packs that do work and have been riding around slowly for about 3 days. Today i go out, it takes forever to turn on...i turn it off then try to turn it back on again, nothing...if i press the button 5 times the monster symbol and back light come on, but wont connect to euc world, and wont balance, there is no beep if i press the lift sensor. The light on the back is flashing red, and im so mad...i've put about 46km on this wheel and ive opened it 5 times already to try to fix problems and now it wont even balance...

One thing i noticed is it acted weird when i used the lift sensor the last time before turning it off. I lifted it up my front porch and when i put it back down, it didnt balance. And i didnt hear the click. But yo...i dont want to have to crack open the entire shell and troubleshoot on a brand new wheel...like wtf is this?

I waited 5 months and paid a ton of money for this thing, and it gets here and i dont even get 1km of proper riding on it and now the motor wont even engage at all?... What am i supposed to do? Im so annoyed and disappointed

• Like 2

Another thing from testing. If i hold down the power switch, the lights turn on (again, no headlight) and the bluetooth for music turns on, but if i let go it turns off. It only stays engaged if i press it 5 times. I figured it could be the travel lock thing, but even in that, the lift sensor makes a noise. EUC world detects the wheel. It pops up in the bluetooth list, but when i connect, nothing happens. Ive literally done nothing with this wheel and its broken......

48 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Sorry dude, time to dispute the credit card and/or PayPal charge if your distributor doesn't fix the issue or make you whole I think.

Thankfully hes helping with everything. As you know, we got the issue with the balancing, but i'd still like to know waht the red flashing is. And hes getting me the batteries and whatnot. This hasnt been a fun first Gotway experience at all....

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/7/2020 at 10:29 PM, seage said:

Thankfully hes helping with everything. As you know, we got the issue with the balancing, but i'd still like to know waht the red flashing is. And hes getting me the batteries and whatnot. This hasnt been a fun first Gotway experience at all....

was this ultimately resolved for you?