Video Recommendations On Learning How To Ride

Bongaloid

Hello everyone,

Just wondering if you have any recommendations on which YouTube videos are best for learning how to ride. I know there are a lot out there, so just curious to see if you guys have any particular ones that have stood out to you as most helpful.

Thank you!

• Like 1

Just head over to the video section and browse for days. I don't recall video being much help for the first learning stages. Its pretty simple what you are SUPPOSED to do. Of course it take s a while to get the muscles trained to listen. I found that @evX_Mick has a good way of explaining things on his channel. @Mike Sacristan has tons of vids and seems to teach a lot of people how to do things. There's so many to choose, you are right! I found mine to be most helpful at making you feel like you arent the only one who falls off the damn thing.

I would link some for you, but that is such a can of worms to open up. With an RS HS, you should have plenty of artillery to just ride and ride. Most of what you learn, will come from basic instict I'd imagine. Welcome to the froum group!

• Like 2

I like these two because they concentrate on how the EUC works and don't tell you what to do too much otherwise. First is "get on with the help of a wall and then just ride, everything else comes later". Second is more exercise and step-by-step focused. Trust your instincts on which method of learning you prefer.

Remember: speed stabilizes you. Don't try to ride at walking speeds, it's hard. Just speed up when you go.

There's tons of videos learning on Youtube, if watching others helps you. Just search "learning to ride an electric unicycle".

• Like 2

WILSON-YT has a series that’s not as much a how to as it is a how it really is. They are basically videos of him learning and aren’t “produced”, but at least for me it was a realistic look at the process. They convinced me that getting the hang of it was certainly doable and to expect a good week of determination before expecting anything close to “riding”. I think with few exceptions everybody looked or felt like Wilson when they started, it’s part of what makes riding special.

• Like 1