Sherman with 2° Forward Pedal Tilt

Bridgeboy

I would have liked some side views of the wheel.  I want to see what +2 degrees looks like as you are rolling. 

Also, Some side views as you are turning would be educational.   Some people report forward tilt when turning.  

• Like 2

Just now, TomM said:

I would have liked some side views of the wheel.  I want to see what +2 degrees looks like as you are rolling. 

Also, Some side views as you are turning would be educational.   Some people report forward tilt when turning.  

I'll try to get some shots next weekend. I felt fine turning while standing but earlier today I tried out sitting on the seat (never rode seated before) and when turning one time I think it might have pedal dipped and my foot hit the ground and I fell over. I was going slow. Sitting down and riding is going to be whole 'nother learning curve.

At my height I'm not sure if I'll take to it. It's just an awkward position.

• Like 2

What riding mode are you using? Soft mode will automatically adjust pedal tilt forward depending how hard you are pushing forward. When braking, soft mode will tilt the pedal back to assist in braking power.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mango said:

What riding mode are you using? Soft mode will automatically adjust pedal tilt forward depending how hard you are pushing forward. When braking, soft mode will tilt the pedal back to assist in braking power.

Soft. I haven't tried any other mode for very long. I used to ride hard  all the time (Kingsongs) because that's just what I thought experienced "pros" did, but once I learned soft actually helps maneuvering and accelerating its been hard for me to ride any other way.

• Like 1

I've tried all 3 modes. In soft mode during high speed sweeping turns or tight 180's, the tilt is a tad excessive. Hi speed uphill sweeper is even worse and I'm just a mere 130lbs.  In hard mode I found it much less but still prevelant. Also in hard mode, it just seemed well...harder. It was harder than my 18L and I could feel it being a little more demanding on the body. So, I settle for medium mode. I have yet to mess with tilt settings yet, but I'm hoping it will prove useful. I noticed this dip oddity in my first short ride. I messed with the settings on my gas station ride of 30miles. So far it hasnt caused a tumble, bit its definitely less subtle than a useful leverage tilt would be. Awesome wheel for sure! I ride my 18L on hard mode, butit doesnt really compare. Next will be to mess with tilts to see what balance of braking vs/moving I can compromise to for my current needs.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 2