Lights on an EUC - is it really so difficult?

mike_bike_kite

I have a KS16S and all I want is the lights to be on when I'm riding down the road and off when I trolley it around and go into a shop. It seems fairly simple ... just on and off. What I get is a range of options from on, off & flashing. It will cycle through these so the headlamps just on one end then it will have the headlamp on both ends and finally it resorts so the headlamp swaps back and forth so you can really annoy drivers behind you as you wait at the lights. I suspect the same is true for most KS wheels. That's not to say other manufacturers are any better. Gotway used to have insufficient lights at the front but have now moved to lights that are so bright they are likely illegal on the road as they blind all other traffic while their rear lighting for many of their wheels is more subtle advertising than lighting. Inmotion have the best lights on their V11 but the headlamp looks quite fragile compared to most solutions out there. 

Is it really that difficult to have lighting that works on the road, doesn't annoy other people, won't break in a fall and (most importantly) has a simple way of turning it on and off?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mike_bike_kite said:

Is it really that difficult to have lighting that works on the road, doesn't annoy other people, won't break in a fall and (most importantly) has a simple way of turning it on and off?

Judging from the facts: yes it is! :facepalm::D

Of course we all know it is not. The manufacturers just seem to live in their own strange world.

Wheels need a car-like rotating light knob for quick access to all the important light modes. Pressing a single button 25 times isn't the pinnacle of user interface design.

• Like 1