KS 14C 800W 680WH Mark III Arrived.

fearedbliss

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Colestien said:

@Cloud, @h00ktern Sounding like you both are checking this out well. Thank you.  So my question would be do you feel the low power/High speed cut off problem has been given a definitive solution?   As I had mentioned in a post long ago.  I didn't think we were getting answers.  All the "brands" were stating they had addressed the problem, but I felt like no one was saying how.  

Well, @Colestien i am just a user with a bit of common sense, and even though i am an engineer by training i am not specialized in this particular field, so people smarter than me should chime in. But i think its safe to say that since we are still getting reports of battery cut outs, no definite universal solution has been identified as of yet. 

If you take any machine over its threshold of capability , it will give out. In general terms, the solution has to be threefold:

1) you increase the machine's threshold ( i. E. More power , potentially capable of attaining higher speeds) 

2) you limit the user's ability to aproach the threshold. ( i e high speed tiltback).  

3) you improve the machine's reliability/ capability to provide safeties  1) and 2) as intended and as close to 100% of the time as possible. ( i e better software, more robust BMS, quality control boards)

the more you suceed at 1) and 2) and 3)  the safer you are.

The recent trend has been that all 3 are improving but none are resolved fully.

@Colestien, if you meant specifically regarding kingsong high speed cut outs and low batery cut outs, i can say that after riding about 1500 miles, most at top speed with rapid accelerations, with tiltback occuring on average once or twice every minute, so far, i have not once experienced a high speed cut out. I ve run battery down to the very end several times, and in general rode on low battery lots of times, and have not experienced a low battery cut out or any decrease in the unit's ability to take my lean. And i am 100 kg with a back pack.

Yes i can overlean on it if i want to and i can make the wheel to ble to keep me upright, but ive learned to know my limits and these limits seem consistent at pretty much any battery level.

According to my somewhat limited experience with other brands, in my opinion, kingsong is one of the safest is not the safest wheel.

at the same time, ive read/ heard reports of kingsong wheel cutting out on others so i cannot call it 100% reliable.

@Cloud ya, I understand there will never be perfection. Not on a machine that is fun to ride.  We had a shutdown today. It was a wire that came off. It just broke. Stuff happens.  I like your layout 1, 2, 3.  Something like it could be used on reviews.   I'm sure someone could come up with a 6 item check to compare different Wheels, a standard if you please.  If you think about it we really are not comparing "Apple's to Oranges" when looking for a new Wheel.

Cheers

Archived