First higher speed fall

Dgar

My money is on that you cut out.  I also skinned one of my elbows running into a crater at 15 mph a few days ago on an MCM5. Glad to see you’re mostly ok and don’t forget those elbows! (I need to follow my own advice). 

I'm not sure it was a cut out. I assume a cut out means there is no stabilization and the gyro no longer keeps it steady.  It seemed like a gradual, controlled tilt back over 3 or 4 seconds and I still had some control, it was just slowly tilting back faster than I realized what was happening and was too late to start braking. 

After about 24 hours, I'm shocked there is no bruising, but there are scratches up and down my left side. My hip and shoulder are fairly sore but didn't get worse throughout the evening. In January I slipped on ice and hurt my rotator cuff. At the time it happened I felt fine. About 7 hours later it was very sore and after 10 hours I couldn't even move my arm. Turned there was no permanent damage and was just a strained rotator cuff.  After 6 months of xrays and physical therapy, I was close to being back to normal. I was sure I re injured it and would experience the same level of pain but I really lucked out.

Thankfully I have a little time to heal before my V11 comes in. :clap3:  Are we crazy or what?

15 minutes ago, Dgar said:

I'm not sure it was a cut out.

As you wrote

22 hours ago, Dgar said:

I was on asphalt and kept picking up speed and my pedals kept tilting back until I had no more room to break. I probably should have tried breaking earlier to keep my speed down. I was only half way down the hill and knew I would keep speeding up and I didn't want to fall on the asphalt so I headed to the side of the road and bailed.

the wheel was still tilting back when you decided to bail out voluntarely. So no overlean or cut out.

You can train braking with strong tiltback by setting tiltback speed to some liw safe value!

Glad you made it with "just" a remarkable road rush but without reinjuring yourself!