Kingsong 18XL

Neil3301

My EUC recently began yelling error messages to me in Chinese.  The EUC also began vibrating and kind of jumping around.  This weirdness only happens only intermittently but I am afraid to increase my speed now for fear of being launched off of the unit.  I called eWheels tech support and they said to: “remove the panels & check the integrity of the internal shell & screw holds? This is the most frequent culprit for this type of behavior.”

Has anyone else experienced this and if so what was the remedy? 

16 hours ago, Neil3301 said:

My EUC recently began yelling error messages to me in Chinese.  The EUC also began vibrating and kind of jumping around.  This weirdness only happens only intermittently but I am afraid to increase my speed now for fear of being launched off of the unit.  I called eWheels tech support and they said to: “remove the panels & check the integrity of the internal shell & screw holds? This is the most frequent culprit for this type of behavior.”

Has anyone else experienced this and if so what was the remedy? 

well, a full check of your wheel done by a professional maybe the best solution... to me it looks like an issue with motherboard...

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/28/2020 at 1:18 PM, meepmeepmayer said:

If you get some kind of error message, that hints towards a board issue.

Checking whether the board is loose or the shell is loose (both means the board moves against the motor, which can produce vibration etc.) is worth it though.

I agree with @meepmeepmayer if shes yelling at you its more likely CB issue or at least maybe sensor is picking up discrepancy.

Its a bit of a hassle but i would also remove the motor to inspect the pedal mount bolts (2 for each side) to make sure those are tight with no back n forth motion, reinsert motor, and tighten cb fasteners JIC. Then perform a wheel calibration to ensure the wheel is centered.

The error message is probably saying "motor fault" but more likely its the controller trying to find its top center position and cant for some reason as mentioned. Super frustrating!

Hope that helps! Id understand if that's a hassle and at point it may need to be sent in. Or you could slap a new Cb in but throwing expensive parts at it is also tough too.

Ride safe,

Edited by Blassreiter
clarification
  • Like 1