Inmotion V8 offroad - again

reach

I took my V8 offroad again. This time on the nearest mountain and with the pretty worn out original tire.

Learning: considering the capabilities of an almost slick tire in this terrain, I don't think knobby tires are much benefit. A little bit of profile should be plenty enough.

2nd learning: I'm sooo much looking forward to the V11! Mostly the V8's limit was the terrain, not the steepness, so the V11 shouldn't bring much benefit, however, riding the steep parts FASTER is something I'm very much looking forward to :-)

• Like 2

16 hours ago, WebDev said:

Nice!  I bet you felt it in your knees after that ride.

Not at all! Actually I never felt my knees. But normally my feet, more specifically the soles always burn like crazy after some time, but this time - not the smallest issue. No idea why, but kind of proof that it's not a muscular issue, but somehow related to riding technique.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, reach said:

No idea why, but kind of proof that it's not a muscular issue, but somehow related to riding technique.

I find that if I position my feet slightly duck-footed (toes out, heels in) that my feet hurt less after long rides.  I don't know if that works for everyone but it works OK for me :D

That is such a beautiful environment to ride in and I'm sure the V11 will eat it up.  I'd agree that a knobbly won't help at all in the conditions you were riding in but if it gets wet the knobbly will make a HUGE difference.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StuartL said:

I find that if I position my feet slightly duck-footed (toes out, heels in) that my feet hurt less after long rides.  I don't know if that works for everyone but it works OK for me :D

That is such a beautiful environment to ride in and I'm sure the V11 will eat it up.  I'd agree that a knobbly won't help at all in the conditions you were riding in but if it gets wet the knobbly will make a HUGE difference.

All you say is correct. It did feel slippery in the moist grass, so yes, knobby does have advantages. Just not sure if it justifies the downsides (noise. I LOVE the silence of the slick tire!)

Also the duck-footed thing tends to help, but not always. More critical for me is to stand as much forward on the pedals as possible. But none is a reliable recipie for non-hurting feet. Sometimes it hurts after 3km, sometimes never. I'm rather sure it's a matter of how relaxed I am - unfortunately something I can not influence easily.

Also correct is that the environmet is beautiful! :-) I love this mountain, it never gets boring. And those new wooden trails are super funny to ride on, just because they're there :-)