S18 for sale (Wisconsin)

JimO

StuartL, 

There is no P in the serial number of my S18. Are you aware that all of these machines come China?  My machine did not come from AliExpress. Please do the euc world a service and post links the source of your information with more details of your concerns. It would help us all. I’m guessing you are a concerned citizen, not an actual buyer of an S18. If you are in fact a buyer, please post your intentions. 

1 minute ago, JimO said:

StuartL, 

There is no P in the serial number of my S18. Are you aware that all of these machines come China?  My machine did not come from AliExpress. Please do the euc world a service and post links the source of your information with more details of your concerns. It would help us all. I’m guessing you are a concerned citizen, not an actual buyer of an S18. If you are in fact a buyer, please post your intentions. 

I thought some of them are from Switzerland

5 hours ago, JimO said:

StuartL, 

There is no P in the serial number of my S18. Are you aware that all of these machines come China?

:thumbup:

5 hours ago, JimO said:

My machine did not come from AliExpress. Please do the euc world a service and post links the source of your information with more details of your concerns. It would help us all.

Here the post from the Kingsong representative:

I also summarized this and pinned in the Kingsong subforum 

Unfortionatelly i don't know if they have similar announcement on their facebook site. I've just seen once a link/report that they have some specific warnings for some chinese online resellers/aliexpress?

5 hours ago, JimO said:

I’m guessing you are a concerned citizen, not an actual buyer of an S18.

There are many people by now concerned, afraid and/or upset by this. Seems used wheel sales will have potential to get "disturbed" by this, especially as this policy seems to be not widely known.

6 hours ago, JimO said:

If you are in fact a buyer, please post your intentions. 

Unfortionately me neither, but i hope the explanation/links are helpful to understand this a bit.

Sorry for disturbing your topic!

6 hours ago, JimO said:

There is no P in the serial number of my S18.

Perfect.  The used market for KingSong wheels has got very complicated with KingSong geolocking Chinese-market wheels used elsewhere in the world.

6 hours ago, JimO said:

Are you aware that all of these machines come China?  My machine did not come from AliExpress.

Yes.  See the other threads on this topic.  Many 'global' sellers (including some on AliExpress, Banggood, Blackdealday, etc) are buying Chinese market wheels and selling them internationally at a perceived lower cost.  KingSong's app is locking these wheels rendering them completely unusable.  There are a significant number of potential buyers (myself included) who are considering boycotting the brand entirely but it's made the used market complex because the buyer needs to feel confident that they're not buying a wheel that KingSong will later lock.